View Poll Results: Desired Focal Length!

Voters
329. You may not vote on this poll
  • 65mm

98 29.79%
  • 90mm

231 70.21%
Page 165 of 299 FirstFirst ... 65115155163164165166167175215265 ... LastLast
Results 1,641 to 1,650 of 2986

Thread: Wanderlust 4x5 P&S

Re: Wanderlust 4x5 P&S

I truly wish we would all stop thinking about and posting about THE CAMERA.

It will either come one day or not, nothing we say or do here will speed or change the process.

It is the hands of the creators.

I really don't want to hear constant complaints.

PLEASE!
    Tin Can

Complaining about the complainers.

Roger

and u?

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Thoms View Post
    Complaining about the complainers.

Roger
    Tin Can

I don't know why simple curiosity is considered complaining.
    Jim Cole
    Flagstaff, AZ

Randy,
    Sorry you are being annoyed, perhaps it's best if you ignored all future posting to this thread. As you pointed out the postings won't make any difference if or when the camera arrives and I believe that.

That said, even Ben acknowledged in July that, due to the lateness of the project, it would be a good idea to inform the gang more frequently on whats happening (or even not happening if it comes to that) I believe in this project. That is why I pledged. I wish Ben and Justin all success.

And finally, even if, for some reason it failed and the camera is never delivered. I'd still like to know that and would be quite prepared "write off" the money, and move on.

We'll have an update soon—in short, we're having to make a relatively large change to the focus collar, and it doesn't match up with what the difference "should" be. But we can and will get it resolved shortly.

I agree that we need to get better at responding to emails, KS comments and posting updates. It's probably 10-20 hours a week we just don't realistically have. So we're doing our best, but I'm sorry it's so sporadic.

It's been particularly hard for me to handle comments like "just ship what you have!" It really would be like shipping a computer that was 100% functional but the power cable was too short to supply power. "Close" only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades, as they say.

Wanderlust 4x5 P&S

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Syverson View Post
    I agree that we need to get better at responding to emails, KS comments and posting updates. It's probably 10-20 hours a week we just don't realistically have. So we're doing our best, but I'm sorry it's so sporadic.
    It does NOT take 10-20 hours to write a weekly update. If you update often then there would be little to update each time and it would probably only take 10-15 min a week. I bet you would also find that the number of questions you are asked would drop dramatically if you would be consistent about communicating.

And by weekly updates I mean putting out an update on kickstarter. Making comments elsewhere (like here or facebook) is NOT an update because it does NOT get pushed out via email to ALL the backers.
    Zak Baker
    zakbaker.photo

"Sometimes I do get to places just when God's ready to have somebody click the shutter."
    Ansel Adams

Ben, I apologize. It is I who has been the pest wanting you to sell me some of those unused pin hole discs. Those samples you posted of what the pinwide lens cap could accomplish were, at least to me, amazing. It is also I who want to buy the failed focus collar when the 90 is finally sorted out and ready to ship. Two reasons for that. (1)The original focus collar and helical would probably work fine here in Olympia 9 months out of the year and (2) I'd like to help defray a bit of the unexpected expense incurred developing this camera for us. (I'm a cool weather person anyway, if it gets over 80F I shut down.)

PS; Did you guys order the full 1500 pieces of the focusing screen that turned out not to be right? If so I'd like to buy 2 of those too when you have the 90 ready to ship. They might not be ideal, but I'll bet they are a lot better than my set up, a piece of plexiglass with frosted Scotch tape on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Randy Moe View Post
    and u?
    Hey Randy, hope I didn't offend you, just my attempt at a little humor. I'm actually agree with you, and also get tired of some of the complaints.

Roger

Roger, we are always good.

I just spent the last hour controlling myself.

I can get outspoken.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Thoms View Post
    Hey Randy, hope I didn't offend you, just my attempt at a little humor. I'm actually agree with you, and also get tired of some of the complaints.

Roger
    Tin Can