View Poll Results: Desired Focal Length!

Voters
329. You may not vote on this poll
  • 65mm

98 29.79%
  • 90mm

231 70.21%
Page 148 of 299 FirstFirst ... 4898138146147148149150158198248 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,480 of 2986

Thread: Wanderlust 4x5 P&S

Re: Wanderlust 4x5 P&S

Quote Originally Posted by AuditorOne View Post
    No problem. Besides, I can't remember anyone ever calling me subtle.

I do understand the frustration with the grumps of the world. Our modern society seems to have bred a culture of immediate gratification and when something doesn't happen quick enough for them they become instant jerks.
    You would think that people who need immediate gratification would have given up on film and embraced digital photography. I can't believe the complainers don't have other film cameras to shoot while they wait for the TravelWide.

After seeing the results from the pinhole, I think it was worth all the trouble to provide people who don't have a lens with a way to capture an image.

I'm ecstatic that we're actually going to get cameras, and that the project didn't turn out to be a terrible failure. So what if it's late, they made it happen, that's all that matters.

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Kellogg View Post
    I'm ecstatic that we're actually going to get cameras, and that the project didn't turn out to be a terrible failure. So what if it's late, they made it happen, that's all that matters.
    We are not only getting a camera but a much more versstile camera that first proposed. With a screwdriver and a few minutes it can be converted form the 90 to the 65 and back again if desired. Two cameras in one, if you will.

Cool Re: Wanderlust 4x5 P&S

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Kellogg View Post
    It's going to be great, and I think the results will be stunning. This is a camera that will punch far above its weight class! ;-) I have the world's smallest spot meter, the Pocket Spot, ready to use with the Travelwide. I'm so excited about this camera that I bought an f/8 Super Angulon to use on it.
    Larry,
    Are you sure you have the world's smallest light meter??? Because I just bought a mint condition Bewi Automatic C? It's 1"H including a cold shoe mount, X 1,1/4"W X 1,1/2" long. Google it. There's one on ebay right now for $35 with a leather case. I didn't get a case but I plan to leave it on the camera. I am chomping at the bit.... Let the fun begin!
    Happy trails,
    SteveP

I have the smallest light meter. My brain. I use Sunny 16. Worked for 55 plus years, so far. I think...

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Pitchford View Post
    Larry,
    Are you sure you have the world's smallest light meter??? Because I just bought a mint condition Bewi Automatic C? It's 1"H including a cold shoe mount, X 1,1/4"W X 1,1/2" long. Google it. There's one on ebay right now for $35 with a leather case. I didn't get a case but I plan to leave it on the camera. I am chomping at the bit.... Let the fun begin!
    Happy trails,
    SteveP

Gossen Pilots are a little larger in their plastic case. About 2.5 X 3 X1.5 WLH, but inexpensive, sturdy, and can meter down to the handhold limit. After that I get out the Luna Pro, not a lot extra to carry if you have to use a tripod anyway.

You know, a little, plastic, moving dial type meter would work ok for most daylight work, The type where you set the dial to the ISO, then the lighting, ie., 'full sun', 'hazy sun', 'cloudy bright', etc. That could be very compact, work for 90% of the metering needs, hook on a keyring, and be sold for $5~$10.

Another Kickstarter project? (From people a lot smarter that me who would know how to design it?)

I meant the world's smallest 1 degree spot meter. :-) Are any of those other meters spot meters? You know, zone system and all that. Specs are here: http://meteredlight.blogspot.com/200...-spot.html?m=1 It just seems silly to carry the Pentax spot meter when using the TravelWide.

The guys behind the PocketSpot should do a KickStarter run to produce another batch. I guess they're too busy and have stopped production of this wonderful little meter.

FWIW, I've been working on a spot meter iPhone app. It allows Shutter Priority, Aperture Priority, Program and Full Auto, all bounded by lens/camera limits. I'm hoping to have it out before the camera.

Nifty! So, what would be the angle of view?

The Pocket Spot subranges, below a certain EV, it switches to a 3 degree area.

Larry

Question I'm confused, but "tha's my nature", as the scorpion said to the pig

I was and early supporter, pledging the amount for two camera's.... one 90 and one 65.

It is beginning to appear that the 65 went a different direction, and the 90's are convertible to 65. I wonder what this means to those who pledged for two camera's....as I did.

Will I get a 90mm Travelwide, and a shorter 65mm model with no focus travel.

Or will I get two 90mm, that will be convertible to 65mm. That would be great as far as I am concerned, but I am not clear on this change, if it is a change.

Can someone clear up my confusion, or will I just go down with the Pig????

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Syverson View Post
    FWIW, I've been working on a spot meter iPhone app. It allows Shutter Priority, Aperture Priority, Program and Full Auto, all bounded by lens/camera limits. I'm hoping to have it out before the camera.