View Poll Results: Desired Focal Length!

Voters
329. You may not vote on this poll
  • 65mm

98 29.79%
  • 90mm

231 70.21%
Page 231 of 299 FirstFirst ... 131181221229230231232233241281 ... LastLast
Results 2,301 to 2,310 of 2986

Thread: Wanderlust 4x5 P&S

Re: Wanderlust 4x5 P&S

Ha ha. It was a filter set I bought from Stone... Forgot all about it. Now I'm traumatised and will go online and see if I can change my shipping preference to Thailand...

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Thoms View Post
    Just hope that I get a tracking number and that they require a signature. Sure don't want it left on the front porch here in SF. On the other hand I'm working nights so I'm home during the day.

Oh and Randy, no review, cool no spoilers, I like that.

Roger
    And I hate when stuff is sent with signature required. I work nights all the time, and sleep with a box fan going and, sometimes, earplugs. So I get a note that basically means the next day I have to sleep on the couch in the living room so I'll hear the doorbell, put out a note saying "night work day sleep, I am home so please allow time for me to wake and get to the door" and then mess up my sleep for a day.

I've had in sure hundreds of packages left on the doorstep in the ten years I've lived here and never had anything bothered.

For entertainment while we wait:

https://instagram.com/justinlundquist/

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Cole View Post
    And I hate when stuff is sent with signature required. I work nights all the time, and sleep with a box fan going and, sometimes, earplugs. So I get a note that basically means the next day I have to sleep on the couch in the living room so I'll hear the doorbell, put out a note saying "night work day sleep, I am home so please allow time for me to wake and get to the door" and then mess up my sleep for a day.

I've had in sure hundreds of packages left on the doorstep in the ten years I've lived here and never had anything bothered.
    I order tons of stuff off the internet. Getting a mailbox at the local UPS store (formerly known as Mailboxes Etc) was fantastic. Always someone to sign for whatever I'm getting delivered and I can pick it up on the way home from work. Plus when I move I don't have to worry about changing addresses just because my lease is up and I found a better place. Unlike PO boxes, UPS, USPS, Fedex and anyone else can deliver packages there. I'm sure there's a similar service in your city, maybe by UPS or maybe by someone else. My store is a franchise, so they pretty much just pay for UPS branding, none of them are actual UPS employees, FWIW.

UPS offers a new feature now that when a package is heading to your address, they'll email you the date they'll be there. It's a free service. They also mention a time, but I've never found it to be accurate. You can choose to divert the package to another location for a few extra dollars. http://www.ups.com/mychoice/

(I'm not sure if traveled will ship by UPS or not.)

Quote Originally Posted by Oren Grad View Post
    For entertainment while we wait:

https://instagram.com/justinlundquist/
    Nice! That's a lot of camera parts.
    Bryan | Blog | YouTube | Instagram | Portfolio
    All comments and thoughtful critique welcome

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Puccio View Post
    I order tons of stuff off the internet. Getting a mailbox at the local UPS store (formerly known as Mailboxes Etc) was fantastic. Always someone to sign for whatever I'm getting delivered and I can pick it up on the way home from work. Plus when I move I don't have to worry about changing addresses just because my lease is up and I found a better place. Unlike PO boxes, UPS, USPS, Fedex and anyone else can deliver packages there. I'm sure there's a similar service in your city, maybe by UPS or maybe by someone else. My store is a franchise, so they pretty much just pay for UPS branding, none of them are actual UPS employees, FWIW.

UPS offers a new feature now that when a package is heading to your address, they'll email you the date they'll be there. It's a free service. They also mention a time, but I've never found it to be accurate. You can choose to divert the package to another location for a few extra dollars. http://www.ups.com/mychoice/

(I'm not sure if traveled will ship by UPS or not.)
    There is, less than two miles from my house. I've thought about it but I can generally get stuff shipped without signature required and I've never had anything stolen or messed with. The rare times I can't get someone to ship without a required signature (B&H is or was bad about that depending on the value) haven't been that often. But if I find it more of a problem I will do this. I think the UPS store is open until 7 PM or so, 6 anyway and that's good enough. I'm up by then.

I remember when I ordered my Nikon D800E from B&H, with overnight shipping - almost $3400 total. Most expensive thing I've ever bought without a loan. I lived in a ratty apartment a mile away from the university I was attending, and it wasn't the greatest place in terms of safety and security.

So imagine my surprise when I came home late the following day of the release, having got a shipping notification but not a tracking number, and finding the box on my doorstop. It sat there from probably around noon till 9pm or whatever when I got home, being a workaholic Master's student. I was really lucky it was still there!!

I like signature confirmation sometimes! Even if it might be inconvenient in the short-term when I'm not there and they actually bother to do it.
    Bryan | Blog | YouTube | Instagram | Portfolio
    All comments and thoughtful critique welcome

I live in a neighborhood that is such that I would not want stuff left at the door. Since I'm going to be gone between 9/28 and 10/18 I do have some concern about the arrival time of the TW90. But it is understandable why Ben simply cannot accommodate over 1000 individual shipping needs so I'm just hoping it arrives before then. Of course, I have a good relationship with my neighbors and I'm quite sure they can pick up mail and check the front door each day so perhaps it is not such a huge risk after all.

Wanderlust 4x5 P&S

It looks to me like Justin is the assembly team and that he has a throughput of about fifty cameras a day.

I wish they would ship in batches. I have friends who make a well known camera accessory, by laborious handwork, and they lost a huge quantity of their product when a UPS truck burned. That nearly sunk them. I just hate to think of all the cameras sitting on one truck.

I used Mail Boxes Etc and it's successor for over 13 years. Never lost a package. I was in an industrial area of service shops where nobody was there at the same time. UPS and Fedex used to leave packages with neighboring shops and then you would have to wait until your neighbor was back in his/her shop.... perhaps up to a week later. These were all low traffic shops with renters working out of them.

Mail Boxes at $15 per month or less, was a godsend. Still operating that way today. Somebody signs for every package and keeps it behind the counter, with a note in my box.

I offered to pay the owner extra for package protection. He wouldn't hear of it. The monthly box rent for a small box was the most he would ever charge me....13+ years.