View Poll Results: Desired Focal Length!

Voters
329. You may not vote on this poll
  • 65mm

98 29.79%
  • 90mm

231 70.21%
Page 213 of 299 FirstFirst ... 113163203211212213214215223263 ... LastLast
Results 2,121 to 2,130 of 2986

Thread: Wanderlust 4x5 P&S

Re: Wanderlust 4x5 P&S

I would certainly like to thank Ben and company for sticking with it and overcoming all the trials and tribulations to bring their project to a successful conclusion and creating a thousand+ happy backers!

Just posted my new address and particulars on camera configuration back to KickStarter.

Want to say Thanks at this point. Looking forward to delivery.

Have a brand new Kodak Ready Load Professional film back and 159 ready and quickload envelopes in the freezer. Varied color and B/W. Now to buy a lens/shutter and put gas in the car. Will head to the Oregon coast, when everything is loaded. Then to the Eastern part of Oregon afterward.

Dave Karp

This is great news. Coincidentally, I pulled my 90mm Raptar out of the drawer while straightening out the drawer contents and wondered when the letter was going out. That lens has patiently been waiting for its new mount! Now to locate a 65mm! I hope the camera is a big success and they get enough new orders for additional runs.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Syverson View Post
    Randy, check out National Velour. They're extremely responsive, and they have a digital cutting process with no setup fees. Plus, "National Velour" is just a fantastic name. It sounds like a magazine for vintage kitsch enthusiasts.
    Hello Ben,
    Just received my inquiry email today. Wohoo!!! I see light at the end of the helical. Now my investing buddies can no longer chide me for involving them. Can't wait until we all go out for a shoot. It will be awesome.

One thing I did notice, that was missing from the email with the camera selection process, is there is no mention of the PinWide pinhole attachment. I've waited thru two worldwide pinhole days for it and hoping it will ship the with cameras per the original agreement.

Ben, I want to thank you both for not quitting on this project. It will serve as your lighthouse for your future successes. My brother and I once undertook a similar plastic project -an insulated canteen and Cold Can Carrier. We spent over $25,000 of our money, but failed when we couldn't raise more funds for the 1st production run and obtain distribution outlets. Of course back then there was no "Kickstarter", only the Pratt book of venture capital resources, no WWW, no I phones, just Microsoft workstation 3.0 and floppy disk.

Happy, happy trails,
    SteveP

I also received my email to confirm my choice and address, and have completed the survey for myself.

But my wife, who is also a backer (this is how I was able to add an additional camera without giving up my coveted first-25 status), did not receive an email. In fact, she has not received a Kickstarter email since July, 2014. I was able to log into her Kickstarter using her Facebook login and respond to the survey, but she is still getting no emails from Kickstarter, and attempting to check all that required entering a password that does not seem to work (assuming we are remembering it correctly, which is unlikely). And, no, she has not changed her email address. There is no way I can find to communicate with Kickstarter to correct the issue. So, Ben, there are two backers at my address, and neither the address nor the original choice has changed.

Rick "whose wife will no longer be following any Kickstarter projects, I guess" Denney

Three years from idea to product sounds about right to me, in retrospect, and whilst admitting a level of grumpiness periodically at the enthusiastic initial timelines... I hope you all have a splendid party and I have enormous respect for you both sticking with this to the end - it must have been a real emotional drain.

I can hardly wait!!

Marc!
    Marc Morel
    ------------
    http://mrmarcmorel.wordpress.com/

"we need your address to ship your camera" How great was it to read that ? Congrats Ben and Justin ! You guys should be very proud of yourselves, I am proud of you !
    Looking forward to making images with the new Baby.
    Tracy Storer
    Mammoth Camera Company tm
    www.mammothcamera.com

Yeah, how exciting, I agree! I'm not upset about the delays, I'm ecstatic that they made it to the end. I can't wait to have two of these cameras to shoot and it is light enough to carry along with my Leica.

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Kellogg View Post
    Yeah, how exciting, I agree! I'm not upset about the delays, I'm ecstatic that they made it to the end. I can't wait to have two of these cameras to shoot and it is light enough to carry along with my Leica.
    Thanks, Larry! The Travelwide is lighter than the Leica, so really, the question you'll have to face is whether or not you want to lug around a heavy M-mount camera along with your 4x5.

Wanderlust 4x5 P&S

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Syverson View Post
    Thanks, Larry! The Travelwide is lighter than the Leica, so really, the question you'll have to face is whether or not you want to lug around a heavy M-mount camera along with your 4x5.
    Now that's funny! Of course, there is that pesky issue of film holders vs 35mm canisters. Hmm, I wonder if a modern, lightweight, improved Grafmatic back could be built. It would be great to have a ten or twelve sheet magazine. ;-)

Nah, forget that idea, too fiddly, I'll just stash some film holders in my wife's bag. Maybe she won't notice.