View Poll Results: Desired Focal Length!

Voters
329. You may not vote on this poll
  • 65mm

98 29.79%
  • 90mm

231 70.21%
Page 196 of 299 FirstFirst ... 96146186194195196197198206246296 ... LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,960 of 2986

Thread: Wanderlust 4x5 P&S

Re: Wanderlust 4x5 P&S

Quote Originally Posted by HMG View Post
    With all the carping, you'd think there would be lots of people selling their position. But, as far as I can tell, there aren't. Something for the Travelwide guys to keep in mind.
    If i could sell my futures in the travelwide for the same amount of the KS pledge - i would do it right now.

So, koh, what did you pledge? I might be willing to pay you what you spent to pick up a few more of the cameras.

Ill have to check - but how in the world would that work - would you pay me now, and then ask me to ship the cameras to you? if they ever make them? or if they are another year late, and for some reason you need your money back...

So many issues come to mind... I wish there was a simple way to sell the "rights" to a pledge...

Wanderlust 4x5 P&S

Yep, I would pay you now and ask you to ship the cameras to me, or ask Justin and Ben to change the shipping to me. I can live without the other $100 for however long it takes for them to ship the cameras.

I would think any deal between backers would be be a strictly private transaction. If Wonderlust Cameras buys back a pledge then they would have one more camera to sell at the full retail.
    Ben and Justin have to come through on this, to avoid their own financial disaster. The only way to recoup the money they have spent out of pocket, at least to a break even point is to go forward. Although very late they have this very strong incentive to 'get it right', otherwise any future sales will be killed by a substandard product. And believe me, if this were to wind up as an excessively wobbly helical then word would spread like wildfire. I so hope this latest trip proves they have a viable product and are ready for the final parts order.

Quote Originally Posted by Drew Bedo View Post
    Sorry; I didn't mean to carp or complane. I am, though, interested in getting one whenever it becomes possible.
    I wasn't referring to you (with respect to carping).

HMG—We're good.
    Drew Bedo
    www.quietlightphoto.com
    http://www.artsyhome.com/author/drew-bedo

There are only three types of mounting flanges; too big, too small and wrong thread!

From the Kickstarter comments section:
    "Please hang tight, guys. I'm working with our injection mold shop to finalize the PO for the helical."

Quote Originally Posted by vdonovan2000 View Post
    "Please hang tight, guys. I'm working with our injection mold shop to finalize the PO for the helical."
    We're getting close :-).

I just hope I can get one in my hands before the fall of this year so I can have one on a trip!

Quote Originally Posted by vdonovan2000 View Post
    Is PO a Purchase Order? Perhaps it is something else... I am not sure what that means, and how this is different from all the other times the helical was run.
    Why is this not an update sent out to all backers? Well, in reality, there has not been one in a LONG time. I think now this is no longer a question of when this will be completed, but if.

I have my hopes up as much as the next person (that is to say, not much), and support the idea of Kickstarter, this particular project, and small scale LF manufacturing as whole, but, something here has gone awry and at no point has anyone on either side said that some larger picture reconsidering needs to be done. Thats bad, sad, and really a bummer of PR work. It sucks, i really want one, i pledged for more then one.

PS: To all the "in the real world of financing and manufacturing" BS'ers - none of that matters here - this is a new world, new technologies and new kinds of markets, people and economics - all with their own set of rules and restrictions (some of which are still being written).

In the mean while i am looking at the Intrepid camera project - where they are making something which is equally complex, with many more parts, albeit with different challenges, but not less. They are also behind schedule, and made some concessions from their original promises - but are now fulfilling the first pledges. They post regular updates, videos etc., of their setbacks as well. Why should this be any different?