View Poll Results: Desired Focal Length!

Voters
329. You may not vote on this poll
  • 65mm

98 29.79%
  • 90mm

231 70.21%
Page 189 of 299 FirstFirst ... 89139179187188189190191199239289 ... LastLast
Results 1,881 to 1,890 of 2986

Thread: Wanderlust 4x5 P&S

Re: Wanderlust 4x5 P&S

Quote Originally Posted by WayneStevenson View Post
    How did everything go on the 9th? Those samples turn out?
    There was some kind of delay, Ben said they didn't get the samples yet, at least as of 2 days ago they had not received them.

Michael and John make excellent points....

From the Kickstarter site:

Michael Rosiak about 10 hours ago
    Seconding John Robison's comment, let me offer the following thought:
    All products have operating limitations. My Lumix GX7 (as well as the GF1 before that) states temperature limits of 0 oC to 40 oC (32 oF to 104 oF) and humidity limits of 10%RH to 80%RH.
    It's not that the products do not work beyond those limits ... but they may not.
    With the materials and processes that you have tested so far, does the camera work within limits such as those? If it does, I would not object to accepting the camera in that state.

John Robison about 17 hours ago
    Ben, is it possible there is no ideal solution to the helical problem? That the best we can hope for is a compromise? It seems each material you try is at least an 8 week turnaround and if you try 5 more resins that places the project into 2016. The Nylon 6 seemed a good choice for many climates except under extreme humidity conditions. Just wondering.

Creator Wanderlust Cameras about 19 hours ago
    For everyone else, we're trying to finalize the material on our last part. We got a sample in a new plastic, but it changed the size too much. There are a few more options, so we're just going down the list. It's frustrating, but we'll get there.
    David Aimone Photography
    Critiques always welcome...

From the comment section on the Kickstarter:

Hi guys,

Thanks for all the feedback—I honestly do appreciate it. I share your frustration and urgency. I just talked to a materials expert today about our options, and will share what I learned in an update as soon as I can. We want and need to resolve this as quickly as possible with our injection mold shop.

We fully understand that most people won't be using the camera in 100% humidity, but we need to make sure that we can accommodate a normal range of RH. We're not stalling and trying to make this perfect—we just need the camera to function in a reasonable range of scenarios.

Thanks again, everyone—I'll have more for you shortly.

The wonderlust people still have not learned that they need to put things like that out in an actual kickstarter update. Updates get pushed out and emailed to all backers, most people don't stop by and read the comments section regularly.

They have been horrible at doing updates.
    Zak Baker
    zakbaker.photo

"Sometimes I do get to places just when God's ready to have somebody click the shutter."
    Ansel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Light Guru View Post
    The wonderlust people still have not learned that they need to put things like that out in an actual kickstarter update. Updates get pushed out and emailed to all backers, most people don't stop by and read the comments section regularly.

They have been horrible at doing updates.
    Funny, but it's just the opposite for me. I seldom check my e-mail inbox but drop by their KS every day to see what's new. Information just a couple of key strokes away.

Quote Originally Posted by plywood View Post
    Funny, but it's just the opposite for me. I seldom check my e-mail inbox but drop by their KS every day to see what's new. Information just a couple of key strokes away.
    Yep. Same here. Quick and easy.
    The Viewfinder is the Soul of the Camera

If you don't believe it, look into an 8x10 viewfinder!

Dan

Yikes, perhaps I won't stop by every day. The comments section just exploded with a very irate post by a backer. Getting really testy over there. Wonder why Ben is taking the brunt of it? Nary a peep from Justin since this whole thing began.

I'm saddened by some of the comments I read at the kickstarter site and on their facebook page. Somebody wants a refund because of poor "customer service." Did they think they were shopping at an online store? Is the concept of a "backer" too hard to understand?

I'm not a backer. I would have been if I had happened across this thread in time. Instead, my name is on one of the surplus Travelwides after the backers' cameras have been delivered. As such, I can't respond at the kickstarter site, so it must be here.

I'm certain Ben and Justin know there will be some limitations of any camera built at that price point. But I completely understand their desire to make it as good as they can within the broad constraints of finances and time. I believe they are putting some of their own money into it now, which is their call. Success must seem right around the corner. They have nearly everything in hand to make the first batch of 1500 cameras. How many times have you reprinted a negative because you're sure that just one more change will make it great?

If they make a successful camera, there can be additional production runs and money to be made over the lifetime of the design. I never saw any indication the kickstarter campaign was a one-time run of 1500 cameras in exchange for the financial backing. They're trying to build a business. That's what everyone really backed. The rewards of a successful business effort to produce the Travelwide camera (i.e. the first run of cameras) are to be shared with the financial backers. Kickstarter isn't an online marketplace for goods. It's a financial support system for new or expanding businesses with the backers sharing the rewards of success in some way.

I wish there was a simple way to replace disgruntled backers (especially any $49 ones!) with new backers. That way the disgruntled can get some sleep and new backers have something cool to look forward to for a pittance of a price.

I and my lady friend took another couple out for dinner and drinks last night (Saturday the 28th). Dinner and drinks came to $138.00 with the tip.

And I have on frakking big hangover today. If I have to read another "whiner rant" on this project, I am going to vomit profusely. I'll likely blow the cost of another TravelWide camera next week. I'm a happy backer.

I spend that on crap that I don't need all the time. Hell, I damn near spent that on a bottle of wine I brought home for dinner a few weeks ago. But it doesn't give me the privilege of telling others how insignificant their expenditures on a camera are. Or telling people that they're whining when they voice their issues regarding a backed project that is a couple years behind schedule.