View Poll Results: Desired Focal Length!

Voters
329. You may not vote on this poll
  • 65mm

98 29.79%
  • 90mm

231 70.21%
Page 174 of 299 FirstFirst ... 74124164172173174175176184224274 ... LastLast
Results 1,731 to 1,740 of 2986

Thread: Wanderlust 4x5 P&S

Small town, South Carolina, US

Re: Wanderlust 4x5 P&S

Me 6

Me 7. Because I got one of the super early bird specials at $49, I'll throw in another $50. I know it's not much, but hopefully all of us can help out.

I'll hold off on sending the wine. We don't want those guys too drunk to finish the project. ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Light Guru View Post
    They already said In a previous update that they could not afford it if the manufacturer charged them to re run the part that won't fit.

This means they have already spent all the money that has been raised
    Well, if $128,000 isn't going to get it done.......

But I don't think there's a need to worry. And there will be a few hundred units left over after everything has been shipped to take care of another run. Worst case, they have to do pre-orders. There's a huge lineup of people who missed out on the Kickstarter who want them to take their money.....

Quote Originally Posted by WayneStevenson View Post
    Well, if $128,000 isn't going to get it done.......

But I don't think there's a need to worry. And there will be a few hundred units left over after everything has been shipped to take care of another run. Worst case, they have to do pre-orders. There's a huge lineup of people who missed out on the Kickstarter who want them to take their money.....
    I thought I remember hearing they already resold the extra ones to get money needed to complete the project. But I could be wrong on that.

Besides after all the difficulties they have had getting this thing made they may not want to make other sizes like you want. All the issues they have had with the manufacture would definitely sour me on wanting to try this again if I were them.
    Zak Baker
    zakbaker.photo

"Sometimes I do get to places just when God's ready to have somebody click the shutter."
    Ansel Adams

Not speaking of anyone specifically, but it is easier to criticize than it is to create. I know how demoralizing it can be to work for nothing, or to work for a loss. Unless a person has deep pockets, losing ventures cannot be sustained, which is how it should be, I suppose. I don't think $128k is a lot of money for a manufacturing project, considering the difficulties that crop up.

None of us are going to be financially broken if the TravelWide does not ship, while the guys who are building it could wind up in a much worse situation. We only gambled $100, after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Kellogg View Post
    Not speaking of anyone specifically, but it is easier to criticize than it is to create. I know how demoralizing it can be to work for nothing, or to work for a loss. Unless a person has deep pockets, losing ventures cannot be sustained, which is how it should be, I suppose. I don't think $128k is a lot of money for a manufacturing project, considering the difficulties that crop up.

None of us are going to be financially broken if the TravelWide does not ship, while the guys who are building it could wind up in a much worse situation. We only gambled $100, after all.
    I agree, it would be too demoralizing for them to quit the project now. You don't go this far to give up but, sometimes you have to take a breath and decide your next move. I have faith they will make it to the end. Infact I never considered it a gamble but instead an investment, one that has taken a bit longer to mature.

Happy trails, and maybe a Merry Christmas,
    SteveP

There is a small thing called reputation in business, with suppliers and customers. Maybe the next kickstarter won't be funded, or supplier turn down work. What is a good reputation worth?

I guess we got off the topic. We had a thread going to try to raise some more money for them because they're $30k in the hole.

Can we keep pushing to try to make it better for them?

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Kellogg View Post
    I guess we got off the topic. We had a thread going to try to raise some more money for them because they're $30k in the hole.

Can we keep pushing to try to make it better for them?
    I haven't been on this forum in a while, I mentioned in a KS comment I'd be willing to kick in money.

I must be really out of the loop because I didn't see the "we're $30k over budget and it's coming out of our own funds" update. Ouch.

I sent Ben an email about this and mentioned it earlier in this thread.

We can't do much without a place to put the dough.

I sure don't want to handle it and most likely we should, if possible, make donations a direct deposit sort of thing without meddle men. (pun intended)

tap tap HELLO BEN!
    Tin Can