View Poll Results: Desired Focal Length!

Voters
329. You may not vote on this poll
  • 65mm

98 29.79%
  • 90mm

231 70.21%
Page 43 of 299 FirstFirst ... 3341424344455393143 ... LastLast

Thread: Wanderlust 4x5 P&S

Re: Wanderlust 4x5 P&S

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Syverson View Post
    The spring back is strong enough that you can hang the camera vertically from one borehole, and thread the cable release through the other one! Or you can possibly stuff both through one borehole—if you have a narrow strap and cable release, it's a real possibility.
    I'll make it work. Maybe I'll carry it on a wrist strap where it will look kind of like a Texas Leica. By the way, what do people say to you when they see you shooting with that thing? Last week, someone looked at my Rolleiflex and said: "Hasselblad?". I said no. He said, "Are you pulling film through that like in the old days?" LOL. No, I just like hanging heavy metal boxes from my neck as jewelry.

I like your inclusion of the sport finder, with its use of the best medium to look through, air.

Larry

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Kellogg View Post
    I'll make it work. Maybe I'll carry it on a wrist strap where it will look kind of like a Texas Leica. By the way, what do people say to you when they see you shooting with that thing? Last week, someone looked at my Rolleiflex and said: "Hasselblad?". I said no. He said, "Are you pulling film through that like in the old days?" LOL. No, I just like hanging heavy metal boxes from my neck as jewelry.

I like your inclusion of the sport finder, with its use of the best medium to look through, air.

Larry
    I haven't had many questions about it while shooting. I got more questions with the Super Graphic handheld, and even more questions when shooting with the Hexar. Go figure!

Pledged, good luck on the funding.
    visit my Website : www.raniedib.com

currently Boulder, CO; formerly Seattle, WA.

Awesome, I pledged for a 90mm version. Good luck with the funding, and hope it happens!
    ----------------------
    http://adamsatushek.com

Okay, I promise I won't keep bumping this thread, but if you've been on the fence and/or busy with other things, there are only a few Early Bird and camera + lens packages left!

http://kickstarter.com/projects/wand...wide-45-camera

I just pledged for a 90mm

I am excited, I have been following the thread for about a month now.

I have also started spreading the word over at www.filmwasters.com I think there may be a few people interested over there, pop by and say hello

Chris "happy to be on board" Fraser

After all the excitement, support, and anticipation, all the damn earlybirds are gone? Well that was a pretty disappointing wait.

So what viewfinder were you using in the photos/video Ben? It's obviously a Voigtlander, but what FL? I have a 25mm one from a rangefinder lens that I guess would work great for this if I mask the edges of the 35mm frame. I've always felt 90mm was a tad wider than "28mm equivalent."

I'm glad I picked up one of those Blik rangefinders on eBay last week for $10!!
    Bryan | Blog | YouTube | Instagram | Portfolio
    All comments and thoughtful critique welcome

Ok I'm in

and have also done a post about the Kickstarter thread on the Film And Darkroom User Group. I hope this gets as much publicity as possible so that it becomes a reality.
    you can find my images on flickr at:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/feberdt/sets/

Quote Originally Posted by Corran View Post
    So what viewfinder were you using in the photos/video Ben? It's obviously a Voigtlander, but what FL? I have a 25mm one from a rangefinder lens that I guess would work great for this if I mask the edges of the 35mm frame. I've always felt 90mm was a tad wider than "28mm equivalent."

I'm glad I picked up one of those Blik rangefinders on eBay last week for $10!!
    Yeah, I love those Blik RFs!

I am using a Voigtländer viewfinder, but which one to get will depend on the dimension that you want to go by, since it's marked for 2x3 aspect ratio (35mm) instead of 4x5. So 90mm is roughly equivalent to 28mm in the horizontal dimension, but closer to 21mm for the vertical dimension. So I decided to get the 21mm viewfinder, because I'm usually more concerned with whether I can fit things in the frame vertically. Ack, sorry for the long response!