View Poll Results: Desired Focal Length!

Voters
329. You may not vote on this poll
  • 65mm

98 29.79%
  • 90mm

231 70.21%
Page 290 of 299 FirstFirst ... 190240280288289290291292 ... LastLast
Results 2,891 to 2,900 of 2986

Thread: Wanderlust 4x5 P&S

Re: Wanderlust 4x5 P&S

There is one on e-bay right now.
    Drew Bedo
    www.quietlightphoto.com
    http://www.artsyhome.com/author/drew-bedo

There are only three types of mounting flanges; too big, too small and wrong thread!

Got mine yesterday. Finally! I've got the lens mounted on it (an Angulon made in 1937), but I'm not going to have a chance to do the focus calibration for a couple of days. So no chance to use it yet. Looking forward to it, though. I took my Intrepid into work on Monday and spent some time at lunch time wandering around Greenwich Village and shot a couple of pictures, but it was fairly unwieldy for that compared to the Travelwide.
    Ralph Brandi www.thereisnocat.com www.flickr.com/photos/thereisnocat/

Does anyone know if there is a way to contact Wanderlust? Through Kickstarter maybe? Its getting like Barry Cochran; order camera, pay money, no camera, no communication... I have sent a dozen emails and commented here and on Kickstarter since October last year and still no response at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Meisburger View Post
    Does anyone know if there is a way to contact Wanderlust? Through Kickstarter maybe? Its getting like Barry Cochran; order camera, pay money, no camera, no communication... I have sent a dozen emails and commented here and on Kickstarter since October last year and still no response at all.
    As I suggested, call them out publicly as possible, say, on Twitter. This forum doesn't get enough eyeballs to be effective as a tool of shame.

Squeaky wheel gets the grease.

Tim,

When I originally ordered - after the kickstarter was over - I contacted Ben Syverson via email at info@wanderlustcameras.com. He wrote back a couple of times. I guess you could try that if you haven't. I am sure you are beside yourself at this point. So frustrating for you.

Good luck,
    Jackie

A lot of complaining in this thread lately—most of it is justified. One would think that all TravelWide cameras could have been delivered by the good folks at Wanderlust by now (Feb 2016) having started shipping in , what was it . . .October or November?

Yet the above comparison to the Cochran Deardorffs is not quite right either. One of the Phantom-Dorffs involves the commitment of thousands of dollars, while the most anyone has committed in a single TravelWide is ~$150—shipped. Sure, those of us who still have not gotten our expected (and paid-for) gear can make a big deal out of it online, but is that juice worth the squeeze?

In mid December of 2015, I bought a TravelWide from a founding supporter who had two. There have been several sold on e-Bay and here through the LFP For Sale forum. There are TWO available on e-Bay right now. One is as-shipped and the other has a lens mounted. If what you want is a lightweight P&S 4x5 RIGHT NOW, the options are there and the cost is pretty low for this LF niche of photography. Buy one now and use it. When (ever) the camera that you've paid for comes, you can turn it over in about 48 hours and make your money back, maybe more.

If, on the other hand, you just want to make an issue out of this, please take the time to evaluate whether the effort is worth the expected result.
    Last edited by Drew Bedo; 9-Feb-2016 at 07:54.
    Drew Bedo
    www.quietlightphoto.com
    http://www.artsyhome.com/author/drew-bedo

There are only three types of mounting flanges; too big, too small and wrong thread!

Tim's complaint is that they've said shipping is over, and that everyone's been notified theirs is on the way. . . .and he hasn't. I think he's been skipped, and is justified in getting ruffled, since they aren't responding to his issue.
    Thanks, but I'd rather just watch:
    Large format: http://flickr.com/michaeldarnton
    Mostly 35mm: http://flickr.com/mdarnton
    You want digital, color, etc?: http://www.flickr.com/photos/stradofear

Aside from the issue of somebody not receiving their pre-order, are these available on the open market? Not in stores yet, I know, but are they available anywhere? Or have they gone the way of so many other kickstarter campaigns and dissolved as soon as the pre-orders were shipped?

After all that they've been through, they're probably laying on a beach somewhere in the world, far, far away...

Seems like they are gone.