View Poll Results: Desired Focal Length!

Voters
329. You may not vote on this poll
  • 65mm

98 29.79%
  • 90mm

231 70.21%
Page 135 of 299 FirstFirst ... 3585125133134135136137145185235 ... LastLast
Results 1,341 to 1,350 of 2986

Thread: Wanderlust 4x5 P&S

Re: Wanderlust 4x5 P&S

Having seen the toughness of fishing reels made with this material, I'm very encouraged that they have gone for glass reinforced plastic for the bodies.

RR

Still no new developments?
    Drew Bedo
    www.quietlightphoto.com
    http://www.artsyhome.com/author/drew-bedo

There are only three types of mounting flanges; too big, too small and wrong thread!

They left a comment on the Kickstarter page three days ago saying there'll be a mini update soon.

I get the feeling Ben and Justin's frustration level must be fairly high now. Well, many things learned about the complexities of design and construction of a deceptively simple plastic camera.

Getting frustrating for many, but patience will out in the end.

However, I note that many are still asking Ben and Justin to test out and modify for every possible variable on the planet in lenses and film backs. Like all the variants on Polaroid, one of the first films likely to disappear.

I plan to use Quickload Holders... both Fuji and Kodak, but I don't expect Ben and Justin to do anything more exotic with the camera's for me in the meantime. I plan to do whatever mods are needed to my backs to fit them.

Everybody jumped in for the idea of a simple, light 4x5 camera for under $100. Now that the product is nearly here, what's with all the, "Hey guys, can you do this.... can I use that... ?"

Now we expect to get a universal fit on all the crappy ideas we can come up with. As far as I am concerned, the camera's are DONE! Let the boys finish the job of getting them in our hands.

Could we all back off and do that please. Mods can be made on future product. These camera's now need to be in the hands of the nearly 1,000 BETA testers who signed up. They are ready for real life testing, last I heard. I suspect we'll hear otherwise if my presumptions are not correct.

I bet I can work with what they could send me very soon.

And in closing, one comment for Ben and Justin.... "If you have produced what you envisioned in the beginning, and that camera exists, you can now stop tweaking it for more changes. Call it, Pack it, Ship it, and wait for results." I don't expect anything more than the camera you said you were going to produce. If I'm wrong, let me know."

I bought my lens, a Fujinon 90/8 but I think I must have goofed, it doesn't seem must smaller than my 90/5.6... will wait for the camera and decide.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Syverson View Post
    Hi all. I've been working on a 4x5 point and shoot camera with my friend Justin (together we're Wanderlust Cameras). It's finally at the stage where I'd like to get your feedback! Our emphasis was on creating a lightweight, durable camera so that you never need to choose between traveling light and traveling with LF.

• World's lightest focusable 4x5 camera.
    • High-strength polycarbonate
    • Designed specifically for 90mm lenses in Copal 0.
    • Focus helical travels 20mm, from 90mm - 110mm
    • Utility boreholes allow a variety of strap & cable release configurations.
    • As physically small as possible—barely taller and wider than a double dark
    • Very low retail price

I'm trying to gauge how much interest there would be in this little fella. He's not meant to replace your real 4x5, he's meant to get tossed in your bag those times when you weren't planning on taking the big guns. Heck, most SLR lenses weigh more than this guy with a 90/6.8.

What do you think? (Pardon the low-quality render)

Hello, I would buy a 65mm camera and a 90 mm

* Is it possible?

please send me a link to buy with paypal. thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Francisco J. Fernández View Post
    Hello, I would buy a 65mm camera and a 90 mm

* Is it possible?

please send me a link to buy with paypal. thanks
    They do intend to sell the cameras after they fill all the Kickstarter backers orders. At some future point they will put up a 'pre order' site so that folks who missed the Kickstarter offer can pre order from a future production run.

Re. Kuzano's comments.

From their updates it does not seem that any of the delays have come from backers special requests. The project just turned out to be much more difficult than anyone, including Ben and Justin, thought. Along the way to solving these production problems we have also gained a much better camera than first proposed. While the backers have been waiting there have been questions about what backs would fit etc. and they have been very helpful with; 'yes, we tried that and it fit' or 'no, that back is too big' or 'we haven't tested that configuration yet' type answers.

I have never met Ben or Justin (would like to some day) but they come across to me as very enthuastic LF shooters who had a great idea of the camera they would like to have and gone to great lengths to share it with others.

I meant my comments to, in no way, reflect poorly on Ben and Justin. It just seemed to me that there are frequent mentions of side issues not part of the original mission. I am patient as they come on these things. I have plenty to do in the meantime. I just wanted to mention that I imagine that Ben and Justin are progressing as rapidly as they can and are to be commended for coming up with the ideas and the product that they imagined. I remain astonished that the Kickstarter program progressed so successfully.