View Poll Results: Desired Focal Length!

Voters
329. You may not vote on this poll
  • 65mm

98 29.79%
  • 90mm

231 70.21%
Page 240 of 299 FirstFirst ... 140190230238239240241242250290 ... LastLast
Results 2,391 to 2,400 of 2986

Thread: Wanderlust 4x5 P&S

Re: Wanderlust 4x5 P&S

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Syverson View Post
    I re-ran the numbers recently, and we could actually do 250 at a time. We wouldn't need to pre-sell all 250, since (although it may not seem like it now) we do have some profit margin built in. We have about 6000 people on our mailing list, and get multiple daily requests to purchase a camera, so I think we could finance another run in probably a day or two. But I want to wait to ship this first batch first, so we know how to calculate shipping costs for future runs.

Once we do the first run of 250, it will help to finance the parts for another run. So that should be the last preorder needed to bootstrap us into monthly production. Looking forward to it!
    That's pretty cool!
    Last edited by Winger; 5-Sep-2015 at 20:43.

That's fantastic news Ben. Considering all the whining I've been doing about when you are going to ship it is good news you might break even on this whole venture or eventually make a buck or two. At least a few of us in the wilderness are enjoying Randy (Weegee) Mo's first results.

Ben,

Many hands make lite work. Hire some. Oh, before you do the second run take a vacation, let the wind blow thru your hair.

Happy trails,
    SteveP

I re-ran the numbers recently, and we could actually do 250 at a time. We wouldn't need to pre-sell all 250, since (although it may not seem like it now) we do have some profit margin built in. We have about 6000 people on our mailing list, and get multiple daily requests to purchase a camera, so I think we could finance another run in probably a day or two. But I want to wait to ship this first batch first, so we know how to calculate shipping costs for future runs.

Once we do the first run of 250, it will help to finance the parts for another run. So that should be the last preorder needed to bootstrap us into monthly production. Looking forward to it!
    Very glad to hear this!!

Quote Originally Posted by Winger View Post
    So, I wonder what else I can do with it...
    Another example of the corrupting power of found money, sorry, lenses. More seriously, if you ever shoot macro (magnification > 1:1) you have a lens that will do it.

FWIW, years ago I tested all of the MP-4 Tominons except the 105. The longer ones (50, 75, 135) were worse than inexpensive alternatives so I'm not hopeful that the MP-4 105 will be very good. The 17 and 35 were worse than expensive alternatives, were very usable and cost-effective.

To add to the confusion, I've seen reports that the gelcam 75/4.5 is good at all distances on 2x3. I doubt this but it is possible. There's certainly no guarantee that gelcam Tominons are identical to MP-4 Tominons of the same focal length and I'm very happy with my gelcam 127/4.7 (no MP-4 equivalent).

3D-Stereo-Aeropanoramas

Quote Originally Posted by Winger View Post
    Oh well. And I was wondering that as well. I know exactly what this lens was going to be used for, though it never was. It came with a Polaroid holder for pack film, so I'll guess that it would cover the area of FP100C equivalent. I scored both as they were gathering dust because the lab went digital. Since it was going to be used to photograph gel electrophoresis plates, it wouldn't have been in use for long anyway 'cause they stopped doing those, too.

So, I wonder what else I can do with it...
    electrophoresis plates
    it could be that the russian filmproducer i have found could deliver such plates. must dig it out saw it recently.
    maybe slavich-a different one-is still producing films.
    www.stereopan.org
    3DStereo-Aeropanorama-Jungfraujoch

Quote Originally Posted by europanorama View Post
    electrophoresis plates
    Still in use, readily available.

Ben, have you found a shipping solution yet?

I want to clear up the focus issue I showed here with my first usage of the 90mm f6.8 Raptor.

I remounted it on my Travelwide and more carefully sighted in 3, 5 ft and infinity.

Then I complicated test by using AG1B tiny flashbulbs in Tilt-a-Mite. My 3rd iteration of flash bulb holder, smallest yet.

First, focus IS way better.

Second, flash sync is off with this Raptor., still getting way underexposed flash pics. I found this with thin negs, and when I used the same AG1 type bulb in the Tilt-A-Mite with a 240mm Calter II-S at f16, same speed and fstop as Raptor I got a medium density neg.

Lessons learned, the Raptor is a good lens, shutter has issues with flash. AG1 bulbs are powerful and work well with a cooperative shutter.

First pic is Raptor heavily corrected, but focus is great.

Second is Calter. Pic demonstrates good exposure and sharp focus @f16

All complicated by being zone focus selfies.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1-2015-09-07-0002.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	102.0 KB 
ID:	139382Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1-2015-09-07-0006.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	85.4 KB 
ID:	139383
    Tin Can

Arlington VA for real & West Milford NJ in my heart and head

Ready and waiting.
    Bob

There's mosquitoes on the river, fish are rising up like birds. It's been hot for seven weeks now, too hot to even speak now, did you hear what I just heard?