View Poll Results: Desired Focal Length!

Voters
329. You may not vote on this poll
  • 65mm

98 29.79%
  • 90mm

231 70.21%
Page 191 of 299 FirstFirst ... 91141181189190191192193201241291 ... LastLast
Results 1,901 to 1,910 of 2986

Thread: Wanderlust 4x5 P&S

Re: Wanderlust 4x5 P&S

OK, I know I could be stepping in it since this is OT, but I notice it most in this thread. Obviously, the member known as plywood has made more than 2 posts in their time here. Not just on this thread, either. So why does the member info area on the left still have "Posts: 2"?

Yes, this bugs me more than not having my camera, yet (I'm moving again and would rather get the camera at the 'new' house 'cause there's more to shoot there).

The post count doesn't include posts made in "For Sale" or "Announcements".

Quote Originally Posted by Winger View Post
    OK, I know I could be stepping in it since this is OT, but I notice it most in this thread. Obviously, the member known as plywood has made more than 2 posts in their time here. Not just on this thread, either. So why does the member info area on the left still have "Posts: 2"?

Yes, this bugs me more than not having my camera, yet (I'm moving again and would rather get the camera at the 'new' house 'cause there's more to shoot there).

Plywood here,
    Yeah, I've noticed that too. Don't have any idea why. Of all members here I'm probably in the bottom 2% as far as computer skills go. I would not know how to even ask the question to the forums owners. Since it doesn't keep me from posting or asking questions then I just let it go.
    I was registered as 'zuiko90' but forgot my password. I tried to contact the forum admin but was caught in a a loop where I had to know my password to do that. Crazy!
    So, I just registered with a different username and e-mail address.

The 'Plywood' moniker comes from the fact that hobby plywood is the material I use most to make pinhole cameras of various types.

After you put in the wrong password, I think there's a place to click for the forum to mail you a link to make a new one. It should blank out the old one and just let you make a new one if you follow that link.

I knew the "for sale" section didn't count for posts, but I didn't know about "announcements." Thanks!

Did you know plywood was invented by the ancient Egyptians? Hand sawn veneers glued cross grain creates dimensional stability that has been appreciated throughout history, The modern innovation is rotary cutting of logs into veneer. Essentially they have a big knife and they spin the log on the knife like an apple peeler.

Probably more than you wanted to know...

Anyone heard anything yet? Haven't heard from Ben here or any Kickstarter updates since January....

Quote Originally Posted by WayneStevenson View Post
    Anyone heard anything yet? Haven't heard from Ben here or any Kickstarter updates since January....
    Bit quiet for sure, especially for the 'any news' hounds like me. Suppose it's all been hashed so out many times and until Ben has some good news........well we shall just have to hang on.

New update from Kickstarter~
    Sometimes love just ain't enough.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/pierre506/sets/

Update just went out. There's progress on the helical - in short, they are switching to polycarbonate, expect that to be less finicky than the nylon has been, anticipate receiving a new series of sample parts run with a range of cool times, to find optimal fit, by the middle of next week.

PC helical good, nylon helical bad. Lets hope they get 'er done!