View Poll Results: Desired Focal Length!

Voters
329. You may not vote on this poll
  • 65mm

98 29.79%
  • 90mm

231 70.21%
Page 241 of 299 FirstFirst ... 141191231239240241242243251291 ... LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,410 of 2986

Thread: Wanderlust 4x5 P&S

Re: Wanderlust 4x5 P&S

This is a new piece of equipment. Every one will be a sort of beta-tester during this first year of use.

I am sure that there will be a learning curve for the Travelwide. there will be a best-sharpness set up. there will be a most cost-effective set up. There will be a lightest-weight and best landscape or Portrait or macro way of working.
    Drew Bedo
    www.quietlightphoto.com
    http://www.artsyhome.com/author/drew-bedo

There are only three types of mounting flanges; too big, too small and wrong thread!

Small town, South Carolina, US

Maybe Really Right Stuff will make a special adapter for it!

Sure; someone will.

there will be third party accessories to meet various needs. I'll be looking in the DIY section for mods, adaptors and add-on buts.

Whenever I can get ahold of a TravelWide body, I will try to do some extreme telephoto work with a spotting scope. That will need a Brcket to hold the camera nody and scope in alignement and a tube to exclude light. Cardboard and Gaffers tape will work, but . . .something purpose built would make me feel better.
    Drew Bedo
    www.quietlightphoto.com

There are only three types of mounting flanges; too big, too small and wrong thread!

I think it's time for a new thread; something like Using the Travelwide. Since I don't have mine yet, and have nothing to show, it's presumptuous of me to start it. How about you Randy?

Quote Originally Posted by HMG View Post
    I think it's time for a new thread; something like Using the Travelwide. Since I don't have mine yet, and have nothing to show, it's presumptuous of me to start it. How about you Randy?
    Yes, if Randy or any other early user is so inclined, we're at the point where it would make sense to launch either or both of a Travelwide image thread and a Travelwide tools-and-techniques thread, in the appropriate sections.

Quote Originally Posted by Oren Grad View Post
    Yes, if Randy or any other early user is so inclined, we're at the point where it would make sense to launch either or both of a Travelwide image thread and a Travelwide tools-and-techniques thread, in the appropriate sections.
    I will try to hold off. 2 new threads are a good idea.

Name them properly and Mods will put them in the right place.

I suggest "Wanderlust 4X5 Images" for one and "Wanderlust 4X5 Tips, Setup & Usage" for the other. Maybe a "Show Off Your Travelwide".

We could make them now, but the threads may be lost before the rest of the users get here!

Where are the other early adopters? At least 16 cameras were picked up over 2 weeks ago. Lurkers!
    Tin Can

While waiting on the TravelWide, check out this discontinued item:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/301618028419...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

The seller said that he once had three bodies; kept a shooter and sold a shooter . . .now is trying to get a GRAND for the first production body, S/N 001.
    Drew Bedo
    www.quietlightphoto.com

Does anyone remember the guy who was trying to sell a whole bunch of Globuscope cameras on these forums? This was a few years ago. They were some lot of forgotten bodies found in a warehouse or something.
    Bryan | Blog | YouTube | Instagram | Portfolio
    All comments and thoughtful critique welcome

funkadelic

His name is Grant Kernan and I think I got the last 2 of the bunch. I had 3 at one time and later sold 2 of them but kept S/N # 003.

The Globuscope was a sweet looking camera, and eerily similar to the Travelwide. Amazingly, despite the resemblance, we had never seen one when we designed the Travelwide! Some of the coincidences are pretty crazy— the radius on the walls of the 4x5 back is a very similar detail. Ultimately, I think the design process led us to a similar shape simply because it's the most compact rational shape for what it's trying to achieve.

Unfortunately, a lot of these Globuscope bodies went out without focusing helicals, which is the most challenging and critical component.