View Poll Results: Desired Focal Length!

Voters
329. You may not vote on this poll
  • 65mm

98 29.79%
  • 90mm

231 70.21%
Page 60 of 299 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270110160 ... LastLast

Thread: Wanderlust 4x5 P&S

Re: Wanderlust 4x5 P&S

Taking advantage of the pinhole aspect of the project.... marketing to the lomography/holga/diana/belmont/pinhole crowd should be productive. One of the points of interest would be the low entry price, which seems to be a real draw in that market.

And article in Shutterbug... too late? probably.

I'm planning to ask a friend who is a photography lecturer at Manchester Metropolitan University here in the UK. He shoots ULF on a Victorian studio camera in his spare time so he's a definite supporter. I might even persuade him to pledge...

Many of us have attended Art schools, as the inventors have. Art schools may be the primary market. Seldom will a school promote anything, except more school, however I am sure all art students use facebook, and that is targeted. I 'shared' everywhere I go, even a walk in bar...

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Kellogg View Post
    It seems to me that we're going to have a hard time finding a wealthy eccentric to put up the cash. How about targeting some art schools? We have to pull in the Holga crowd.
    Tin Can

Since this thread has become an announcement of a new product, and not just a discussion about a camera concept that might be cool, I have moved it to the new products thread. Ideally, I would have split the thread at the point where the Kickstarter solicitation occurred, but the thought of individually tagging 200 posts since that time to create a new thread in New Products filled me with dismay. So, I'm just moving the whole thread. I will leave a redirect from the Cameras forum where it had been.

In the regular sub-forums, solicitations and commercial postings are prohibited.

The guidlines say:

New Products - Forum for announcements of a commercial nature from approved vendors. Posts are "moderated" - meaning they must be approved before they display on the forum. Once posted, registered users are free to ask questions or discuss the product announcement in a manner consistent with general forum guidelines.
    I think that describes what this thread has become, including the continued questions and discussions.

Rick "carry on" Denney

I don't think anyone can accuse you of making a mountain out of a molehill there Rick. Reading the thread is arduous enough.

rdenney, that makes complete sense, no justification was needed for that move.

Thanks, Rick! Works for me. And if the Kickstarter doesn't go through, we can just move it to the Lounge.

Hi Ben I have a Caltar Grandagon F/6.8 90mm, this is basicly the same as the Rodenstock Grandagon 90. Would this lens work with this camera?
    Thanks,

Gabriel

Quote Originally Posted by ElRooster View Post
    Hi Ben I have a Caltar Grandagon F/6.8 90mm, this is basicly the same as the Rodenstock Grandagon 90. Would this lens work with this camera?
    Hi Gabriel,
    I'm fairly certain this lens will work on the camera, although we haven't tested it. But if it's a near clone of the Grandagon, then the FFD (flange focal distance) is in the right zone for us. These larger 6.8's are interesting lenses, and I plan to pick one up for testing!

CRAP! I screwed up - I meant to pledge for the 90mm because I already have a 90mm Angulon. But I accidentally pledged for the $65. Any way to fix that??