View Poll Results: Desired Focal Length!

Voters
329. You may not vote on this poll
  • 65mm

98 29.79%
  • 90mm

231 70.21%
Page 272 of 299 FirstFirst ... 172222262270271272273274282 ... LastLast
Results 2,711 to 2,720 of 2986

Thread: Wanderlust 4x5 P&S

Re: Wanderlust 4x5 P&S

It is worth the wait. I just took mine out to the river and exposed a couple of sheets. Tested for infinity focus and close up, lens wide open. They look quite nice sitting in the tray of wash water.

Quote Originally Posted by ah693973 View Post
    Drew,

That would be a silly move on my part. Wait 2-1/2 years and then sell my place? I still have high hopes that the camera is worth the wait.

Listen, it is my guess that they did not work that hard on this. I have significant experience with projects more difficult than this and in my opinion a reasonably concerted effort would have gotten to the finish line much sooner than it did. Let's just take the shipping for example. Last week we heard that they were working on the best way to ship domestically. They have had the parts for over 6 weeks! IIRC. What in the world have they been doing? They had plenty of time to figure out the shipping while the parts were running as well.

It is a $128,000 project, if it was mine I would be doing it differently. I totally understand how people can have different opinions on this however.
    You've done a project more difficult than this?

Name it.

Van's aircraft. RV -7, RV -8, and RV-9. Lead engineer.

Several $250K+ pharmaceutical projects in a roundabout way for Pfizer. (Bend Research)

Drew,

That would be a silly move on my part. Wait 2-1/2 years and then sell my place? I still have high hopes that the camera is worth the wait.

Listen, it is my guess that they did not work that hard on this. I have significant experience with projects more difficult than this and in my opinion a reasonably concerted effort would have gotten to the finish line much sooner than it did. Let's just take the shipping for example. Last week we heard that they were working on the best way to ship domestically. They have had the parts for over 6 weeks! IIRC. What in the world have they been doing? They had plenty of time to figure out the shipping while the parts were running as well.

It is a $128,000 project, if it was mine I would be doing it differently. I totally understand how people can have different opinions on this however.
    So is it "will make this seem like a loss to me even if I do eventually get my cameras" or "I still have high hopes that the camera is worth the wait"? Seems inconsistent to me.

Several $250K+ pharmaceutical projects in a roundabout way for Pfizer. (Bend Research)
    By yourself? I'm "guessing" you had a little more help.

Plus it was his day job.

Rick "for whom this is the closest a Kickstarter project has come to actual delivery" Denney

So from what I understand, you have experience working with well-equipped teams in tightly regulated markets.

Have you ever poured thousands of hours of work and tens of thousands of dollars of your own money into a completely speculative project you designed? Probably not, unless you're as dumb as I am.

So classic for an engineer to think he can do it better, though.

Sooooo you thought these guys had your kind of expertise and resources? Did you not actually look at the project and their backgrounds? I knew at first glance that this would have a lot of twists and turns but also had confidence that they would ultimately figure it out, which they did. I frankly invested in them-not a camera.
    Thanks,
    Kirk

at age 73:
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep,
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep"

Quote Originally Posted by Kirk Gittings View Post
    Sooooo you thought these guys had your kind of expertise? Did you not actually look at the project and their backgrounds? I knew at first glance that this would have a lot of twists and turns but also had confidence that they would ultimately figure it out, which they did. I frankly invested in them-not a camera.
    +1

Though looking forward to my camera, of course!

+! yep
    Thanks,
    Kirk

at age 73:
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep,
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep"