View Poll Results: Desired Focal Length!

Voters
329. You may not vote on this poll
  • 65mm

98 29.79%
  • 90mm

231 70.21%
Page 105 of 299 FirstFirst ... 55595103104105106107115155205 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,050 of 2986

Thread: Wanderlust 4x5 P&S

Re: Wanderlust 4x5 P&S

Quote Originally Posted by zuiko90 View Post
    A question about a 90mm f6.8 Angulon filter size.
    My sample appears to be about 40mm by measuring across the diameter. I've never come across a 40mm filter thread size. Could it be perhaps 41.5mm?
    This 90 looks to be quite old.
    According to Schneider's data page the filter thread should be 40.5mm with a pitch of 0.5mm:
    http://www.schneideroptics.com/info/.../6,8-90mm.html

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Syverson View Post
    Justin just sent me this drawing of the Really Right Stuff B25 anti-twist plate aligned with the camera... It looks to us like it will fit. So it looks like there's a solution for anti-twist after all! With that plate you should be able to take a baseball bat to the camera without twisting it, as long as you have a strong enough tripod and tripod head. Batter up!
    Perfect! I already have a few spare B25 plates for my Speed Graphic and Linhofs... ;-)

Cheers,
    Andreas
    To infinity - and beyond...

Ah, 40.5mm, thanks for the info I'll get a step up ring, probably to 49mm, I have lots of filters and hoods in that size.

Quote Originally Posted by zuiko90 View Post
    Ah, 40.5mm, thanks for the info I'll get a step up ring, probably to 49mm, I have lots of filters and hoods in that size.
    That is what I did when I had the 90 and with all the 49mm filters I have had for years for the Pentaxs.

I arrived pretty late to the scene and would love to have one, if not two. Are going to take preorders? Or when do you think I can buy one? This is just the thing we all need. To have a project that will probably bring a lot of new users to LF, and more importantly, film. Thank you.
    Sergio

My website

Sergio, I just sent you a PM.

Hasta pronto
    Andreas
    To infinity - and beyond...

Just obtained a the 90 f6.8 Schneider. Holy cow that's a tiny lens. Drilled a new lens board to stick it on my 4X5 and had to mash the bellows almost all the way back to reach infinity. This is going to be one short camera, about 5 inch's front to back.

I can barely smash my Wisner technical field bellows enough to focus a 125mm, I have not bothered to try the 90mm. I think I would need bag bellows. The Travelwide seems longer than five inches in the video, though. What is the depth of the camera?

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Kellogg View Post
    I can barely smash my Wisner technical field bellows enough to focus a 125mm, I have not bothered to try the 90mm. I think I would need bag bellows. The Travelwide seems longer than five inches in the video, though. What is the depth of the camera?
    There are realities. A 3-1/2" lens (90mm) that is not a retrofocus design (which these aren't) will have its rear node 1) within the lens assembly, and 2) 3-1/2" from the film when focused at infinity. The front cell of this tiny lens may add a half inch, and the film holder another amount not quite 3/4". The total must be less than 5", or it simply would not be focused on infinity.

Rick "a 90mm Super Angulon would add more" Denney

Larry, my 4X5 is a cheap kit camera sold by Calumet in the early 80's. It was called the Porta-vue and came as a bunch of wooden sticks in a box that had to be glued and screwed together. The tapered bellows that came in the kit is rather stiff and maximum extension is only about 8 inch's. I bought it a couple of years ago for $25 as a basket case and have rebuilt it as a rather simple fixed back camera, with limited movements on the front standard only. The front lens board is only 5X5 in. with a 3/8 in. shelf so it would be hard to build a recessed lens board and still reach the controls for the 90mm lens. Still, I can *just* get the 90mm Angulon close enough to reach infinity so I'll have a chance to evaluate coverage and performance before the TravleWide body arrives.

I think the TravelWide prototype in the video just appears larger. Ben is clearly able to reach infinity as several of the sample photographs show. He says the minimum lens mount surface to film distance is 89.5mm and the helical extends to 109mm. My Angulon mounts right at 90mm at infinity so I'm good by about .5 mm, plenty of room for lens focal length variations.