I have just acquired a Crown Graphic in excellent condition from a seller on E***. While I plan on shooting 4x5, my primary goal is to contact print Carte de Visites using the Albumen printmaking method. I am going to order a replacement ground glass from Steve Hopf (and Son), and I would like to have him include format markings for this format.

Given the limited movements of the camera, I'd prefer to take my shots in landscape orientation, and given that the format for CDV images is 2.125"x3.5", the 4x5 film should, in my mind, accommodate that nicely. Given that all CDVs are done in portrait orientation, I'm planning on having him do the 2.125"x3.5" format marking vertically so that I can shoot a portrait-oriented CDV with the camera in the landscape-oriented position.

Can anyone with a bit more experience in shooting LF point out any caveats, pitfalls, or "oh God no, please don't do it"s that I should be aware of before I order the Ground Glass with format markings done like this?

Hopefully that was all clear enough, but if you have any questions, please feel free to ask. I've actually been lurking on these forums for quite a while now, but this is the first question I've had that hadn't been answered already in ten different ways.

Thanks!