Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: existing daylight processing equpiment

Re: existing daylight processing equpiment

Snippy! you post on a public forum, you take what you get.

Agomatic!

Quote Originally Posted by johnielvis View Post
    looks like nobody pays attention to content---
    Hey, man, there's got to be something to pay attention to. Your desire to reject all current solutions (which you've tried without detailing their deficiencies) and create a new solution wasn't exactly obvious in your first post. It more sounded like a rant.

I wish you all the best.

Rick "outta here" Denney

Drew Wiley

Well there was a much better option out there, but I opened my big mouth and when
    a couple of them actually showed up for sale I got badly outbid. I wanted a spare.
    Fabricating plastic is fairly simple, and building temp control and a gearmotor drive isn't
    exactly a high-tech nightmare. So might as well start doing you're homework instead
    of griping and waiting for something which is never going to be mass produced again.

Lachlan 717

Quote Originally Posted by johnielvis View Post
    looks like nobody pays attention to content---
    Maybe----……--nobody--.-.-.---reads…---..--- in.--.- Morse----Code…. -.. .. -.-. -.- .... . .- -..
    Lachlan.

You miss 100% of the shots you never take. -- Wayne Gretzky

bob of hp marketing--new design, great news, but I don't like the jobo drum designs either--they are not foolproof and are lacking since other people have problems with them too.

the sal santamaria guy---jobo is not to my liking no matter how much you like it I don't, I don't care about jobo and jobo derivatives and I don't care that you are the bestest jobo operator in the whole wide world and everything you do comes out perfect to my standards.....even though I've never inspected any of your work...somehow you just know....pillock

OK--I'll just have to do it myself if nobody else cares....make my own solution and keep it to me then....looks like everybody that tells me to use creative solutions uses absolutely no creativity but the same old junk and is satisfied with crap.

please only respond if you have any ideas on NEW designs or a very DIFFERENT way of doing things...I've got a couple ideas, but it looks like if I get together with some other people like me it'll just be us---no point in developing it for sale according to the level of interest here---we can have our own club.

actually, yes...now that sounds nice---a club of perfection being the goal...to find a nice low tech method that uses a minimum of chemistry and allows daylight processing without scratching and splotching of large sheets.....and does this very simply, and repeatably--can be done by someone with very little experience...that's the goal...so then I'd be able to train people to develop my film according to my process and save me some time...and help the economy a bit too...put someone to work...yes.

Drew Wiley

Lot of different kinds of drum processors were made over the years. Jobo was popular
    from a retail standpoint. Widely distributed and good quality control. But far more
    sophisticated units were made by others, as well as simpler but fully reliable other mfg.
    Some of the fancier units can be a pain to maintain if there are all kinds of pumps and
    solid state controls. Sometimes these can be bypassed. You need to start looking at
    used lab supply sources and not just EBay, and hopefully have some basic shop skills.
    It's not rocket science, but it is helpful to have some thermoplastic fabrication experience. This might indeed constitute a nice little cottage industry for someone
    willing to invest in a bit of industrial drain pipe. But there are so many specific differences in what we all want ... and nobody will have the financial incentive to come
    up with a whole list of goods like Jobo did. But even on this forum there are a number
    of threads about homemade drums.

I suspect that your tone, or more precisely rudeness, does not invite a lot of help.

Think something like a dishwasher to spray the chemicals on?
    James

yeah...I know....I'm hoping if I make something I can get it manufactured....however, I don't want something technologically advanced--simpler is better---the simple tubes simply don't work reliably--so that's not the solution...the jobs are way too much precision and even they don't work without troubles---so them I want to avoid.....I'm looking for a simple genius solution...like maybe some sort of centrifuge design that will use the centrifugal forces to pump the liquid...but even that has too much mechanization for me....I want the olde country solution that hasn't been found or HAS been found but it's been lost over the years.....

in my opinion, the more intricate, the worse it is...there has to be a proper operating regime for something that is simple--I'll find it..if anybody is gonna find it's gonna be me since I'm the only one looking...or maybe just a simple addition or subtraction....or even motion....maybe instead of rotary processing, use the drums in a back forth action with very S L O W....rotations....so it mimics a tray at the smaller scale, you know...that's the kind of stuff I'm talking about...GENIUS ideas like that