Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Kodak paranoia is over

Re: Kodak paranoia is over

Quote Originally Posted by Helcio J Tagliolatto View Post
    It's interesting to know in this forum how many Americans do not really know Ilford films.
    Ilford has more expertise in black and white products than Kodak, and always had better papers. Except for TriX, that is unique, Ilford's B&W films have the edge.
    It's interesting to know in this forum how many really stupid statements are sometimes made.
    Brian Ellis
    Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you do criticize them you'll be
    a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

Yes, its amazing how little Americans know about Shanghai either.

Just saying...

Quote Originally Posted by Helcio J Tagliolatto View Post
    It's interesting to know in this forum how many Americans do not really know Ilford films.
    Ilford has more expertise in black and white products than Kodak, and always had better papers. Except for TriX, that is unique, Ilford's B&W films have the edge.
    Kodak in the 21st century is not the Kodak of the past, with Kodachrome, the best IR sheet film, the first readily available superspeed RE 2475, countless special order and scientific films and plates, a tremendous variety of fine paper (how I loved a refrigerated stash of Medalist!), and a few excellent cameras for that film. True, they did have some marketing idiocies, like spindly 620 spools in the cavernous Medalist camera. The Ilford products I've used have been good, but the range of Kodak film, paper, and equipment was greater than I ever saw from Ilford. Perhaps, if Ilford had marketed in America like Kodak marketed to the World, we would appreciate her better.

My education with Ilford sheets began with repackaged FP-4+ from Freestyle and PW. Its very good stuff indeed. It still is. And it is readily available.

Kodak was the corporate flagship of innovation and quality before it was the sinking raft it is today.
    If Ilford marketed in America like Kodak marketed to the world, sadly, we'd likely have niether!
    "I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority"---EB White

LF/ULF Carbon Printer Jim Fitzgerald's Avatar

The loss of jobs is not a good thing and I agree with this. Sad state. When you work for a company you should not be blinded by the hype that they are to big to fail. The writing was on the wall for Kodak for a long time and the employees should have seen the ship sinking. Get off unless you are the captain! They gave up on us some time ago and I gave up on them as well.

As far as i know Kodak still makes film and they do that to the best of their ability so, to say that they gave up on us is a little bit of a stretch from reality.
    We can disagree about the way they opperate their business because it is so easy to disagree sitting at the 10th row as most of do.
    As long as Kodak makes film i will continue to buy it because there are in my opinion no better film and by buying Kodak products i help in my little way to keep the good Kodak people employed.

Not to offend anybody, but I would say that it would be about the time to move this thread to 'Lounge' as it started as film-stashing and turned into endless bashing. No usable 'Business' information or discussion to be found here. Sorry.
    Matus

Quote Originally Posted by Matus Kalisky View Post
    Not to offend anybody...Sorry.
    Matus, don't worry about you offending anyone and don't apologize.

The offensiveness which likely motivated your suggesting this thread be moved to the lounge doesn't even belong there. It should be deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by John Conway View Post
    I had to stop before in order to fix my old pick up truck while I still had daylight. I just wanted to add a few more things here.Like I said, I'm just going to enjoy my large format photography, try many of the great films available from Freestyle, and let the whole digital tidal wave wash itself away. Let all the goo goo byte, mega bit, pixel this and pixel that bunch keep spending their way toward the ultimate ultra-awesome latest super cameras. When they are all finished and we have a cheap sensor that slides into the back of my view camera, well, I'll give it a try.
    thats how i feel too.. why not just enjoy what you love?
    Ektachrome 64 x wishes and Tech Pan Dreams

Quote Originally Posted by Jan Pedersen View Post
    As far as i know Kodak still makes film and they do that to the best of their ability so, to say that they gave up on us is a little bit of a stretch from reality.
    We can disagree about the way they opperate their business because it is so easy to disagree sitting at the 10th row as most of do.
    As long as Kodak makes film i will continue to buy it because there are in my opinion no better film and by buying Kodak products i help in my little way to keep the good Kodak people employed.
    Right ON!