Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Group Drum Scanner Buy - SF Bay Area?

Re: Group Drum Scanner Buy - SF Bay Area?

If I make 10 scans in a month, I've ~paid for my share. I'm still interested.

I'm curious about usage patterns by those that have a drum scanner. is it something you use every week, every month, every quarter....? I'm guessing that I would continue to make low-res scans for selections, and then make hi-res scans once or twice per month of the final selections of images. That would probably be about about 2-4 images / month.

I am interested. Thew money should be ok if we can find enough people. I am also interested in looking at Lenny's offer. You can't beat his expertise and equipment. Working out something with him might be a great option.

Quote Originally Posted by Lenny Eiger View Post
    I'm in the North Bay, with a Premier. I'm certainly open to helping you folks.... if we can find a way. Maybe group rates or something like that...

Lenny
    Lenny,

Do you have a link to your rates and what would you consider for group rates.

Asher

Quote Originally Posted by Asher Kelman View Post
    Lenny,
    Do you have a link to your rates and what would you consider for group rates.
    Asher
    Asher,
    My current rates are available at eigerstudios.com.
    My general policy is to deliver the highest amount of quality I am capable of for each scan. I do not charge by the megabyte. All scans are 16 bit RGB. The scan prices are already discounted from what most places would charge for the size. 35mm and medium format is done at 8,000 pip, 4x5 at 4,000 and 5x7 and 8x10 at 2666.

I am acutely aware that there are other excellent scanner operators on this forum and that this forum has some good rules about commercial behavior, which I would like to respect. I would suggest that if there is interest a group could get together and I would be happy to discuss this offline...

Lenny
    eiger@eigerstudios.com
    707-763-5922
    EigerStudios
    Museum Quality Drum Scanning and Printing

Hi guys:
    I am interested. I live in Stockton, CA. It is close enough to the Bay Area to consider it.

Getting a scanner and making the first scan is not all that difficult or expensive. Making it work for everyone in the group is not that easy.
    The access, availability, training and maintenance is the whole different story.
    Beside the initial expenses on equipment there should be a (substantial ?) per hour/scan charge to make this thing work. Which at the end is likely to make the cost-quality factor not much different than getting scans @ "group rates" from some reputable place.