A multiple-part question (didn't feel like cluttering-up the board) regarding printing portfolios. I'm working on a long-term (or at least long-ish term) photo project right now , and when I finish it, I'm going to want to print up a group of portfolios. Not portfolios in the sense of something in a binder to show someone else (I've already got one of those) but rather a group of exhibition-quality prints to be sold together in a group. These will be archivally processed, mounted, matted, and stored archivally. So, on to the questions...

1. How many prints per portfolio? What would you think would be a good number? I'm thinking 12-16 images total, but never having done such a thing in more than a one-off arrangement, I'm open to suggestions.

2. How many portfolios to print? While I know at least 5-6 would go immediately once they became available, I don't want to invest the time and money in printing more groups of prints than I can sell. For this, I'm thinking 20 portfolios altogether, of which I'll put all but four up for sale. But again, given that I've not done more than one-off print portfolios before, I'm open to suggestions.

3. Finally, pricing. How does one go about determining a price for this kind of thing? At this point I am, of course, a nobody, and as such I can't exactly charge too much for these things or nobody is going to buy them, regardless of how good the images are. The selling price has to cover the cost of production, but then how much more would it be reasonable to put on the top?

That's it, really. If there are other things I should be thinking about, please let me know. Any insights that could be offered by those who have experience with this sort of thing would be greatly appreciated. Thanks much.