View Poll Results: Will you participate in a 2011/2012 LF Print Exchange?

Voters
72. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

51 70.83%
  • No

9 12.50%
  • Maybe

12 16.67%
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2011/2012 LF Print Exchange Vote

Smile 2011/2012 LF Print Exchange Vote

If you are interested in participating in a 2011/2012 LF Print Exchange, please cast your vote. Prints submitted for this exchange must have been made in 2011-2012 and cannot be duplicates from any other print exchange.

Please read this post before you vote, (replace "2010/2011" with 2011/2012) for more info: http://www.largeformatphotography.in...ad.php?t=70763

Poll closes on January 15th. If we receive 40 or more participants, I will volunteer to coordinate. If someone else would like to coordinate the exchange, please post in this thread.

Kind regards,
    Darr

Re: 2011/2012 LF Print Exchange Vote

I would be happy to coordinate it for you Darr.
    I am in Canada so it would likely mean a small increase in shipping time and cost though, due to more cross border shipping.
    If no one from the US is willing to do this for you I will check what would be expected for shipping times and cost.

And, I am in again this year

Darr

I will participate this year for sure. You have done such a wonderful job the two years I did. Thanks

Scott

So far from the postings it is an all Alberta exchange

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Walker View Post
    I would be happy to coordinate it for you Darr.
    I am in Canada so it would likely mean a small increase in shipping time and cost though, due to more cross border shipping.
    If no one from the US is willing to do this for you I will check what would be expected for shipping times and cost.

And, I am in again this year
    Thanks Scott! I appreciate your offer if it becomes necessary!

Here are some of the factors I am dealing with since I will be working out-of-town a lot more this year and may need to hand the print exchange duties over to someone else:

I can coordinate the exchange if the participants can deal with my post office pick-ups being 2x a week and not daily.

The largest percentage of participants from past exchanges are U.S. based. It would make economic sense if the packets were shipped from the U.S. I have always been conscious of international participants paying in upwards of $38.00 US for shipping when U.S. participants pay as low as $5.85 US. Canadians I believe have paid ~ $25 US. So if we turn that equation around, I fear less participation. This of course does not reflect current postage costs.

So a simple question for participants to answer is: "Can you have a bit of patience on the receiver end?" I would sort and get shipments ready on weekends as I have always done in the past, but I will not be able to post daily updates.

Kind regards,
    Darr

Darr

It is not as if we are mailing livers for transplants or live puppies. Whatever is convenient for yourself works for me.

funkadelic

I've not been a part of previous exchanges, but would like to this year. I would expect you to post daily updates if you were getting paid to do so. With this being specfically a non-commercial forum, I'm happy you've volunteered to do it at all.
    I look forward to seeing this exchange come together.

Thanks,
    Chris

I'm in, and no pressure on delivery/ updates for Darr. I have participated the last 2 or 3 years, and really enjoy it.
    Real cameras are measured in inches...
    Not pixels.

www.photocollective.org

Hello Darr, happy New Year. Yes I would love to participate this year so count me IN.

Richard

I haven't participated for a while so I MIGHT participate this time. I wouldn't want this to become an all Alberta thing...

I will make it this year, but can we have smaller groups, 10 is doable but a lot of work. 5 to a group makes it a lot more paractical for alt process, maybe we could have a carbon group, I really would like to see some carbon prints other than mine (reading some of the maybe names). I will start printing within the next few weeks so it dosent sneak up.