Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 810 GG question

Re: 810 GG question

Quote Originally Posted by atlcruiser View Post
    was the expensive worth it? I figure the 810 w/fresnel is $145 so it is bunch more $$$ but if it works well I am game.
    David, to answer your question, the expensive 4x5 screen and the inexpensive 8x10 screen are the same; both come with an ultra-thin gridded GG/fresnel and a clear thicker plastic or plexiglass to cover the GG.
    I'm not sure what the expensive 8x10 GG comprises, but the $80 version was more than satisfactory on my Toyo 810G.

So.....the new GG has returned. The maker made the lines much darker and it is perfect! Exactly what I wanted. He also sent along a 2nd GG with thick red lines as a demo/spare for me to play test. It might irritate the crap outta me but it sure looks cool

I did not mention the maker at the start of this thread as I did not want any ill will towards them until I had resolved the issue. Now that it is resolved I wanted to say I ordered from Steve Hoph and he has been wondeful to deal with. Helpful, responsive and with a genuine desire to make sure I got what would work best for me.

If you want a faint lines GG, a thick line GG, a no line GG or a fancy red line GG Steve would be a great choice to call.

Thanks!
    david

Hi David
    I`m looking for a new screen for my norma, was the new groundglass a lot brighter than the old stock deardorff screen? also do you see the corners clearly with a 300/240mm lens? Is there a pronounced hot spot?

Kind Regards

Mads

Dave Karp

I have purchased a gg from Steve in the past and am about to do so again. He is a pleasure to deal with, and the glass is very nice.