Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Epson Film holders How to make my own .

Epson Film holders How to make my own .

I want to make some epson film holders for a epson perfection 2450 scanner . I looked all over the internet but cant find them , So I want to make some my self . I know you can Place the neg right on the glass of the scanner and it will scan it , but it a pain to do . You have to get it right and it take some time before it straght . I searched The part number for epson 1079948 for the 35mm neg thats what I need . Its a great scanner I found at the thrift store in kenosha ,WI . I paid 20.00 for it and for the scans Im getting it better than a scanner from HP I use to own back in 2001 .

If some one has one of these scanners and can trace a copy of the film holders for me . I can cut out some with a pesce of plastic from loby hobby .But I need a temp plate to copy from to do that . I think I can make my own . If someone can help me out that would be great , Im lost at this point and really love the scan qualty Im getting from this scanner it great . Oh by the way You can buy the software for any epson scanner at.

www.newsoftinc.com

Re: Epson Film holders How to make my own .

www.betterscanning.com

Your scanner is listed. Has available both height adjustment and ANR glass inserts if needed.

I know Better scanning has Holders for mf , but not 35mm film like I want to scan . Im not interested in MF format film scanning right now . I would like to make my own film holders . I dont have 80.00 or want to spend that much money on a holder . Im interested in a member on that can copy or trace the film holder from a epson perfection 2450 . So I can scan 35mm neg from my scanner .

Make some out of mat board. It'll probably be better than what Epson makes.

Might be easiest to ask around and see if anyone has one they can send you. I may have one, as I had that scanner and when it died I do not think I threw them away, but I have recently moved and still have a lot of old stuff like that in boxes. I'll look around today.

Thank You tim I can really use your help .

In the meantime, sandwich two-pieces of 4-ply black mat board, cut and sanded smooth to remove dust, make a tape hinge.... Put a 5-6 frame film strip in there, tape the corners tight, scan away. Don't cover the calibration strip at the end of the scanning area. Probably better than the OEM carrier.

Heck you could probably drop an enlarger film carrier on the platen and be OK.

Frank where's the calibration strip at on this scanner meaning the 2450 .

I don't know for sure with the old 2450 but with the following models you have to leave about 3/4-in horizontally at the top of the platen (towards the rear of the scanner) for it to calibrate itself. But yours may be different. The OEM (and Better Scanning) holders have slots to take this into account, so if you could look at a real holder you could get an idea of where "no mans land" is.

Quote Originally Posted by duckland23 View Post
    I want to make some epson film holders for a epson perfection 2450 scanner . I looked all over the internet but cant find them , So I want to make some my self . I know you can Place the neg right on the glass of the scanner and it will scan it , but it a pain to do . You have to get it right and it take some time before it straght . I searched The part number for epson 1079948 for the 35mm neg thats what I need . Its a great scanner I found at the thrift store in kenosha ,WI . I paid 20.00 for it and for the scans Im getting it better than a scanner from HP I use to own back in 2001 .

If some one has one of these scanners and can trace a copy of the film holders for me . I can cut out some with a pesce of plastic from loby hobby .But I need a temp plate to copy from to do that . I think I can make my own . If someone can help me out that would be great , Im lost at this point and really love the scan qualty Im getting from this scanner it great . Oh by the way You can buy the software for any epson scanner at.

www.newsoftinc.com
    Duck,

I have a 2450 and use it for scanning 35mm, MF and 4x5 as well. What exactly are you wanting traced on the 35mm holder? It holds two 35mm strips. Do you want just the 'track' width for each strip? If you like, I can trace the entire holder and scan it and send that to you. Might be better, if you are interested, to shoot me an eMail at bobwessner@comcast.net