Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: About shooting Fuji Quickload film today...

Re: About shooting Fuji Quickload film today...

just bought a 20 sheet pack from a forum member; i've considered that still worth having a quickload holder, paying 30$ for it new.

Drew Wiley

Depends what you're planning to do with it. After you've been out backpacking a few
    days, thirty bucks doesn't seem like much of a loss for the dramatic convenience of
    the Quickload system, even if it's only for one or two trips. Heck, you all ready saved thirty bucks a day by boiling freeze-dried taters instead of walking into a restaurant. It's even cheaper to camp if you do it Donner-party style. And as you can see elsewhere on this forum, there are attempts underway to get film packets imported
    from Japan where there's still a reserve inventory.

Before spending $30.00 on a new one advertise for a used one on here. Who know? Someone may just give you one for the price of shipping!

I know, I'm a cheapskate!

The choice of Quickloads is also related to the volume you expect to shoot. If you are a casual but careful shooter you may only require several or less boxes per year, like me.

If you are in the business and a large user it may be time to find a substitute. QLs are expensive for large users but for my small volume they are essentially free. The costs of my travel and lodgings for a two month road trip far exceed the cost of Quickloads used.

Nate Potter, Austin TX.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Gales View Post
    Before spending $30.00 on a new one advertise for a used one on here. Who know? Someone may just give you one for the price of shipping!

I know, I'm a cheapskate!
    I know that probably i could find the holder for less than 30$, but considering the shipping prices for europe (and the fact that almost all the offers comes from the US) i preferred to buy one new from Badgers, together with a bigger order from them.

Considering that i've tried to keep my setup/backpack very compact ( Ebony 45s, darkcloth, lightmeter, 3 lens, loupe and holders, everything in a Lowepro runner 350) i've found the quickload system a big advantage.

For the moment i have only 4 double holders, and i'm after landscape photography, so the quickload system allowd me to carry more without the need of extra holders (i will buy few more anyway).

Where i live and photograph, Bucharest/Romania, is better to move fast and go straight....so the quickload seems a good solution for me; shame that i have to hunt the film, because is no longer produced...

Quickloads and Readyloads are important to me. I have decided that the most convenient and lightweight method of LF is to not have a fixed GG on the back of my camera. Rather, I will use the Graflok mechanism only. I will use one quickload holder for film. I will also modify another Quickload holder for the Ground Glass. Or, I will just use a double dark slide film holder (with Graflok slots in the sides) and modify the holder with a ground glass.

I currently have about 160 Quick and Ready loads in the freezer and a holder.

The latest quickload and readyload professional holders had slots for Graflok