Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Problems with a Fujinon-W 1:5.6 150

Re: Problems with a Fujinon-W 1:5.6 150

I've gone for another lens, this time the Fujinon-W 180mm f5.6, as that was what I wanted in the first place. Physically a bigger lens, I should get it from Germany soon.

I'm still on the hunt for a rear cell for the 150, though, as it's such a compact lens compared to the others in my set-up.

Nick

I have the Fujinon-W 180; superb lens, and not that much larger than my Fujinon 135 CM-W. Good luck with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Collas View Post
    I've gone for another lens, this time the Fujinon-W 180mm f5.6, as that was what I wanted in the first place. Physically a bigger lens, I should get it from Germany soon.

I'm still on the hunt for a rear cell for the 150, though, as it's such a compact lens compared to the others in my set-up.

Nick
    Hey Nick,

If you contact this guy http://www.apug.org/forums/members/b-s-kumar/ at APUG, he always seem to have some long list of bottom of the barrel lenses with a problem like a large scratch on the front element and so on. he has a little bit of a "garage sale" going on from time to time which might just be your luck.
    Some time ago he had a couple of Fuji-NW 150 with bad front element

Good luck

Luc
    Field # ShenHao XPO45 - Monorail # Sinar P, F2
    [CENTER]6x6 # Minolta 1965 Autocord, 6x9 # Kodak 1946 Medalist II

The 180mm arrived this morning, and after a quick squint through to check I could focus it, I'm pleased to say that it looks and sounds fine. I now need to get hold of a Linhof/Wista type lens panel with a centred hole (it came with an off-set one) and a 67mm Lee adaptor and I'll be set-up.

I've followed Luc's advice and have registered at APUG, but no luck so far.

Just out of curiosity, why do you need to change to a lensboard without an off-center hole? If the lensboard fits with the lens on it, then you can simply use a bit of rise to get the lens centered.

I use off-center holes on my cameras and, for the ones on which the lensboard can be mounted 180° as well, use the off-center on the top sometimes for a little extra rise when needed. It really comes in handy sometimes.

best

Doremus

The controls make contact with the clips for holding the lens board in place, and even rotating the lens doesn't really solve the problem - it makes the controls less easy to see or to use. Incidentally, I have a Tachihara.

Nick

Is anyone familiar with the numbering sequence(s) of some of the lens manufacturers? I have a rear
    element with the "green" cast that suggests it might be from a fujinon lens. It, however has no number so if it is Fujinon, it would have to be one of the newer ones with the lens surround bearing the serial number. Problem is, it does not have the internal extended lens shroud of the newr Fuji's. On to the numbers: I have a rear lens that came with a Nikkor W f5.6/135 that I purchased from a foreign vendor. It came with a rear element that has the number 14 353 906 on it. The spaces are as shown on the lens. Any Help?..Thanks