Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Help me find an 8x10 enlarger :)

Help me find an 8x10 enlarger :)

While I love contact printing my 8x10 work, I am itching to print large but I am unable to find an enlarger. If anyone has any leads or interested in getting rid/selling one, please contact me.

Cheers!

Re: Help me find an 8x10 enlarger :)

Don't forget about the lens also. Some work best with a 240mm lens which seem less common lately that the 300 mm lenses. Also make sure that you have enough room in your darkroom because some of the 8x10 enlargers are big boys.

I have a monster Durst in Chicago that needs to leave my house. Color & cold heads. No lenses, but many boards.

I have a monster Durst in Chicago that needs to leave my house. Color & cold heads. No lenses, but many boards.
    How about a long distance drive to the NW in a Uhaul truck this thanksgiving week?
    Lot's of scenery on your way out here.

Hello !
    In the early 1900's, photographers used the camera as the enlarger. The light source, then, was the major problem.
    Now, with cold light and LED available, it may be the easiest part to make....
    I am thinking about making a 5x7 enlarger using the Sinar camera as my very small darkroom can't stand the height for a Durst 138....

Quote Originally Posted by Robbie Shymanski View Post
    I was in Chicago last week

Please contact me via email at riccis@riccisvalladares.com and we can chat about it, maybe I'll go on a road trip

Cheers,

Quote Originally Posted by jeroldharter View Post
    Don't forget about the lens also. Some work best with a 240mm lens which seem less common lately that the 300 mm lenses. Also make sure that you have enough room in your darkroom because some of the 8x10 enlargers are big boys.
    Thanks for the heads up, I have plenty of room and my ceiling height is about 9 feet.

Cheers,

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgesGiralt View Post
    Hello !
    In the early 1900's, photographers used the camera as the enlarger. The light source, then, was the major problem.
    Now, with cold light and LED available, it may be the easiest part to make....
    I am thinking about making a 5x7 enlarger using the Sinar camera as my very small darkroom can't stand the height for a Durst 138....
    I am not against doing something like this but I have no clue where to buy (or which type) of light source to get.

Cheers,

Where are you located? I heard about an 8x10 cold light conversion of a Durst 138 in the Cleveland, OH area. Mine is only 7'1" tall, but I gather this was converted with different cold light so it may be a different height. The Durst 138 can easily be disassembled and carried in a car. I carried one and a half from Detroit to Cleveland in a medium size SUV. A friend carried one in a sedan from NH to OH.

John

Quote Originally Posted by John Powers View Post
    Where are you located? I heard about an 8x10 cold light conversion of a Durst 138 in the Cleveland, OH area. Mine is only 7'1" tall, but I gather this was converted with different cold light so it may be a different height. The Durst 138 can easily be disassembled and carried in a car. I carried one and a half from Detroit to Cleveland in a medium size SUV. A friend carried one in a sedan from NH to OH.

John
    I am in Miami but I am willing to fly somewhere and drive down with an enlarger.

Thanks!