Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 11x14 color negative film availability

11x14 color negative film

"I am most interested in 400vc, but 160vc is good too"

you can barely find that in 8x10 these days...
    You'd be amazed how small the demand is for pictures of trees... - Fred Astaire to Audrey Hepburn

www.photo-muse.blogspot.com blog

11x14 color negative film

Did this order ever take place. I have been a bit busy and did not get myself together to order. I did get hold of some out dated 100t and have ordered 2 dated boxes of Fuji from Japan.

I am hoping for 160 vc or nc.

Also if there are any labs that are good for 11x14 color I would love to know. In New York 'LTI' on 30th St can process 11x14 color and also 16x20 and 20x24 color negs and are very good. I know a place in Milano too. But for travelling it would be nice to know others.

Is anyone planning on enlarging with out digital intermediate?

I know that Durst have an 11x14 enlarger on there u.s website.

All the best

Dino

Source for 11X14 color film sought. C41 oe E6 ?

I am using a wonderful Wisner 11x14 and am drawn to going to color film.

I have severed my purchasing from Mr Canham for various reasons ( OK it was because of super high shipping costs to Canada and shipping address errors, that is NOT the discussion now) and I am seeking other sources for both E6 and C41 film.

I know B&H supplies Porta 160 in 40 box lots which puts that into the multi thousand dollar purchase.. I am not quite at the stage of need for such a large purchase. But I do enjoy the 11x14 Ektachrome 100.

If you know of a source for 11x14 color let me know.

Regards

Toronto amateur

Re: 11x14 color negative film

I am Reviving this in October 2023 and seeking new 11x14 color film sources and people interested in a group purchase.

Toronto Amateur

Re: Source for 11X14 color film sought. C41 oe E6 ?

Shipping from the US is almost always going to be brutal. A recent order from Freestyle had shipping costs (Fed Ex fees after the fact) almost 1/2 the cost of what I bought. The wrong address would be hair pulling as well.

If you're firm on not using Canham, who I believe is pretty much the only special order supplier for Kodak, I think one (or only) option is to see if you can get a group together to split the cost of the B&H Portra order. This would require either everyone ponying up a deposit, or you go with people you trust to not back out.

I don't see any other retailer selling 11x14 colour film so you might be on a dead end road. Good luck in your search and I hope you find a source for these films.
    notch codes ? I only use one film...

Re: 11x14 color negative film availability

Threads merged.

Quote Originally Posted by Fred L View Post
    Shipping from the US is almost always going to be brutal. A recent order from Freestyle had shipping costs (Fed Ex fees after the fact) almost 1/2 the cost of what I bought. The wrong address would be hair pulling as well.

If you're firm on not using Canham, who I believe is pretty much the only special order supplier for Kodak, I think one (or only) option is to see if you can get a group together to split the cost of the B&H Portra order. This would require either everyone ponying up a deposit, or you go with people you trust to not back out.

I don't see any other retailer selling 11x14 colour film so you might be on a dead end road. Good luck in your search and I hope you find a source for these films.
    You are obviously missing that B&H sells 11x14 colour and so do a couple others in the USA and in Europe.

If I eventually have to buy 40 boxes of 11x14 Portra I can actually afford to. I will just freeze it and enjoy the film over a couple of years. I find that Kodak has reliably long expiry dates. I just bought some 8x10 Ektachrome from B&H and the expiry is in late 2025.

I do not want this to be about the shipping costs or being told there is only one supplier. I know B&H supplies 11x14 Portra and I would just like to split the cost with some sincere other people.

I have two good labs here in Canada who can do 11x14 C41 and another who will do 11x14 E6.

Again this is about access to the 11x14 colour film . If I must go direct to Kodak then I may do just that.

The sources I have for scanning in Toronto are truly top quality.

Quote Originally Posted by Torontoamateur View Post
    You are obviously missing that B&H sells 11x14 colour and so do a couple others in the USA and in Europe.

If I eventually have to buy 40 boxes of 11x14 Portra I can actually afford to. I will just freeze it and enjoy the film over a couple of years. I find that Kodak has reliably long expiry dates. I just bought some 8x10 Ektachrome from B&H and the expiry is in late 2025.

I do not want this to be about the shipping costs or being told there is only one supplier. I know B&H supplies 11x14 Portra and I would just like to split the cost with some sincere other people.

I have two good labs here in Canada who can do 11x14 C41 and another who will do 11x14 E6.

Again this is about access to the 11x14 colour film . If I must go direct to Kodak then I may do just that.

The sources I have for scanning in Toronto are truly top quality.
    I would call Canham, he may have some on the way. Maybe you only need to buy 20 boxes. I would love to try this in 11x14, I have too much 11x14 black and white that needs to be put to use.

nope, saw that B&H has 11x14 ( was in my reply). Checked Freestyle and Badgergraphic and both only went to 8x10. If you have another US source that's a good thing and hopefully there will be others in the same boat and get in on a group purchase.
    notch codes ? I only use one film...