Page 15 of 30 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: Oceano Dunes Get Together In Honor of Per Volquartz

Re: Oceano Dunes Get Together In Honor of Per Volquartz

Hello Ted, Ive looked into those condo's that Mark mentioned and they look good and can sleep a enough people to make the rent reasonable even cheaper than motels.This is off season right now and there are lots of deals going around.

When you get back give me an email so we can hook up.

Mike

Les

I think that's really cool that you guys are doing this. I used to live in Oceano and in SLO....and occasionally miss it. Wish I could go....even with my lowly 4x5. You seem to have the lodging all tied together....camping (RV or tents), especially during a week will likely be available at the Pismo State Park just No of the Oceano Dunes and off Rte 1.

For those that like rocky coast (especially after a storm) and have time for some exploration, there is a real nice park near Los Osos...Montana de Oro. And, if you go there you'll also spot the iconic Morro Bay Rock near there.

Oceano also has this Melodrama show (as in entertainment), but you may have to find the times for that on their website.

Alrightie, enjoy.

Les

Thanks for the info Les, will have to check out those areas you mentioned.If you are in the area the same time as us do stop by and say hello or better yet grab a camera and join us.

Mike

Landscape/Still Life

Hey everyone I know I promised more info but I been sick and so I'm feeling better and I'll get stuff written out tonight and be sent out to everyone also I might be renting one of the condos I mentioned before as a base of operations and to have a place for everyone to eat at so it saves on money as well! Plus a place to do demos and share prints it will be a last minute thing on the condo I got someone looking into it more for me! Thanks for everyones patience!

Ted

I would be interested in attending. Currently I am deployed to Spain but should be home sometime the weekend before this event. I'll read over the previous posts for more details.

God Bless,
    David

Landscape/Still Life

David,

It will be our honor to have you come for this event! Please send me an email or pm with your info thanks again

Ted

Landscape/Still Life

OK I'm working on the final list of guest speakers and I might have a really big guest speaker coming just working out the final details but what I need from everyone is a head count and what area do you guys want to shoot first on that Friday? So I can put it down and email it to everyone? The people who know the area I want to hear from you especially what area would be a good start for the first day?

Thanks Ted

do we post our preferences here? so what's the final choice for where everyone is staying?

Landscape/Still Life

Everyone I suggest making hotel/motel reservations at a place like Motel 6 in Pismo Beach just in case the Condo deal falls through just so you have a place to stay I know some others are looking into an RV as well! Motel 6 is $60 a night in Pismo Beach!

Make sure you don't get charged if you don't cancel the reservations in 24hrs of your stay!

Camping is ok too

Getting close to together .