Thread: Jobo lifts for CPP2/CPA2 and CPE2

Jobo lifts for CPP2/CPA2 and CPE2

There are different lifts for CPP2/CPA2 and CPE2 (part number 4072 and 4062 I believe), and I am wondering what the differences are?

I have seen a CPA2 for sale, and was suprised to notice that it has a CPE2 lift mounted. I was previously under the impression they were not interchangeable. Can they be modified to fit? If so, what needs to be done? Are there any trade offs? I want to use it with a 3000 series drum (3010), which I thought could not be used with the CPE2 lift.

Re: Jobo lifts for CPP2/CPA2 and CPE2

I recently acquired a CPE2 with lift and there are two positions to attach drums, for the 2000 series drums I use the lower position; I assume the upper position is for the larger diameter 3000 series but I don’t know for sure.

From a manufacturing standpoint it would have made sense for Jobo to make them interchangeable between the different processors but hopefully somebody who knows for sure will answer (I'd be interested to know as well).

Paul.

I just love people's modifications because they insure that I will have business doing repairs going forward. & Well yes, at least the mounting is alot different.The CPE uses screws to hold the Lift in place that drill into the top of motor cover of the CPE in very specific location. The CPA/CPP2 lift mounts, using motor screws that bolt and secure the internal motor. There is also a flange on the CPA/CPP2 lift that is not on the CPE lift...so yes I say at least those are differences.

The spout portion is used on all lifts from the CPe up to the ATL machines. But the height required for an Expert drum is 4.5 inches from the lift bed. Not sure if the CPe has that much clearance. However the bigger issue that the CPE motor will die quickly putting an Expert drum on it.
    "Great things are accomplished by talented people who believe they will
    accomplish them."
    Warren G. Bennis

www.gbphotoworks.com

I thought the CPE2+ had the heavier duty motor from the larger machines?

bob

Nope- It does not.

The motor is heavier duty perhaps than say a CPE but not the same as the CPA, CPP2 and Larger ATL machines. I do believe some cirtcuitry was upgraded but the motor is not the same, the cone shaft ist the one similar change, allowing for the cogs to be screw fastened into the shaft instead of the compression fitting with the bushing.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob McCarthy View Post
    I thought the CPE2+ had the heavier duty motor from the larger machines?

bob
    accomplish them."
    Warren G. Bennis

www.gbphotoworks.com

Greg, what about the motor of a CPA-2 with 10400 serial number? Should I set it to single-direction rotation with a 3010 drum and 350 ml of solution? Is it safe enough for C-41 and E-6?

Its' most likely version one of the motors at that serial. The circuit boards have a completely different configuration. 350ml is a small amount of chemistry, however the earliest transformers were replaced in going to the last upgrade. Depending on the age, there will be other obsolete components at that serial unless worked on it would have stuff I can't get. I did sort of change my mind after repairing one insistent customer's machine. He repeatedly proclaimed that reversing the Expert drums is the only way to go.

Now I got pretty good results using single direction and my You tube link from the View camera Article shows why- showing how the drums dispurse the liquid inside. But I think bi-directional processing edges single direction for removing the anti-haltion coating. I do think-know that bi-directional use, stresses the circuit. Its a judgement call. Perfect pictures or a machine that lasts 25+ years.

Quote Originally Posted by LF_rookie_to_be View Post
    Greg, what about the motor of a CPA-2 with 10400 serial number? Should I set it to single-direction rotation with a 3010 drum and 350 ml of solution? Is it safe enough for C-41 and E-6?
    accomplish them."
    Warren G. Bennis

www.gbphotoworks.com