Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Can You Recommend Readily Available Paper for Epson 2880 B&W/Sepia Prints?

Re: Can You Recommend Readily Available Paper for Epson 2880 B&W/Sepia Prints?

papers that perform well in my experience, that look great with warm to sepia B&W prints are- hahnemuhle German Etching, hahnemuhle Bamboo, Canson Edition Etching, and if you are using Epson inks rather than a monochrome set (Cone or InkSupply), Epson hot or cold press natural. These newish Epson papers, though great performers, tend to dull the beauty of warm monochrome inks, but of course with OEM epson sets you can just put in more warmth...
    None of these have bluish optical brighteners that conflict with warm hues, but tend to the subtle warm side of paper base hue. They all have good dmax, and a general rich look.
    Tyler

Hi Brent

Having lived and worked in Japan for several years I think it's safe to say that you can get just about ANYTHING photographic where you are. I know that Yodobashi-camera sells the major ink jet printers and I'm quite sure that someone there would be able to help you figure out what the equivalent names are. Their Akihabara store is enormous.
    I used to shop at the BIC camera store at Yurakucho and they had just about anything you could imagine.

Or just give Epson a call directly. Where in Japan are you?

Hi Jim. If only I had either of those stores here . . . in Okinawa! I've only visited them a couple of times on a short trip to Tokyo a couple of years ago. I've considered asking over the phone, but I figured they'd have no clue either. Actually, I'm pretty sure they wouldn't, but I guess they'd be able to find out real quick with a call to Epson. I may have to try that out now that I think more about it.

Anyway, I ordered some paper form Amazon U.S. (Ultra Premium Presentation . . .) and it has arrived, though I haven't printed anything just yet.

Octogenarian

Brent,

You made a wise decision.

Epson Ultra premium Presentation paper looks great when printed in sepia with Epson Ultra K-3 inks.

I cannot understand why folks would want to spend $4.00 on a 17x22 sheet of inkjet paper when they can purchase this paper for approx. $1.00 for a 17x22sheet.

When mounted under glass, you can't detect the difference.

Thanks Gem! And Thanks to Tyler above whom I forgot to thank before.

Although, with your comments, Gem, I am a bit nervous about printing because if they don't look as good as I hope, I know that it is "user error" and cannot be blamed on the paper.