Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can You Recommend Readily Available Paper for Epson 2880 B&W/Sepia Prints?

Can You Recommend Readily Available Paper for Epson 2880 B&W/Sepia Prints?

I'm sorry to say, but I'm kinda behind the proverbial 8'ball here. I have to print around 12~13 images for a joint exhibition with my wife (who will be showing her pressed flower work) in a few weeks!!! And I don't have even one print done!!! Yikes!!!

I didn't find a paper that I'd be happy with at the local store here today, so if you have any recommendations I'd love to hear them. The "problem" is that, with so little time, I'll need, I believe, an Epson paper so that one of the canned profiles can work with it.

It's kinda a long story, but the short version is that I'm just getting back to photography after a longish hiatus. Just upon returning, my wife was asked to do an exhibition, but she doesn't have enough time to get enough of her work together for a decent sized showing, and she asked if we could do it jointly, thereby taking some pressure off of her (and putting it on me!).

Anyway, as per the title, I'm looking for B&W and/or Sepia prints, on a matte surface. And if you have any related, loosely related, or even almost totally irrelevant comments or suggestions as I forgo the rest of my life for about three weeks, I'd love to hear it.

Octogenarian

Re: Can You Recommend Readily Available Paper for Epson 2880 B&W/Sepia Prints?

Epson Ultra Premium Presentation Paper Matte (formerly Enhanced Matte).

Inexpensive, readily available, and the profile should already be on your printer.

Looks great framed under glass.

Very nice blacks for a matte paper.
    Sergio

My website

Okay! Your suggestion of Epson Ultra Premium Presentation Paper Matte looks like a good bet, Gem. And thank you for your added "thumbs up", Sergio.

I'm in Japan, and the paper is likely still marketed under its previous name, so is it definitely the same paper, Enhanced Matte and Ultra Premium Presentation Paper Matte?

Octogenarian

Yes, they are the same paper.

Okay! Thanks again, Gem. I appreciate your help.

I just ordered this paper from Amazon to have it shipped to me in Japan. I'm just not sure if the paper that I think is the same is correct or not, so I'll get the right one for sure this time and then compare to what is being offered here. The thing that drives me absolutely nuts about Epson is their cryptic product names so you have to jump through hoops to know what is what. Everything is different in Japan.

I have used Hahnemuhle Fine Art Pearl. It's somewhere between matte and glossy, more towards a matte in my opinion, although it says glossy on the box. It's a beautiful (although thick) paper and works great with the Epson 3880 and comes in a 17"x22" sheet size, which is great for 4x5. You can get the profile for this paper on the Hahnemuhle site. You can buy this paper online at B&H or Adorama and probably lots of other places too.

David, thank you. I probably should have stressed that I am in Japan in my original post. Although, I ended up ordering from the Amazon U.S. site anyway. I was originally hoping to get something locally, but I just can't be sure that I'd be getting what I need. There are many papers that I'd like to try, and something like you recommend sounds interesting.

Thanks again.

Thanks, Dakotah. Those papers look awesome. I'll try them sometime if I can.