Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Iqsmart2 (creo) - Oxygen Problem Focus

Re: Iqsmart2 (creo) - Oxygen Problem Focus

Quote Originally Posted by SURF View Post
    I mean that scanner uses tables and they are stored somewhere on the hard disk. I can not say where cause I do not use IQSmart, no Mac OS X. The guys that use can provide more details on that I think. While generating tables previous tables are renamed with adding OLD to the name. So you can rename them back and use. It can work if you can not generate new. "BUTTING TARGET" problem while generating tables can be caused by several hardware reasons. It can be missing "white zipper line" on a glass, or old lense belt.

And why you had to generate new tables?

Regards
    Al
    Dear Surf, thanks for your help and interest. I was looking for any file with the a part "OLD" on its name, but I'm not able to find any that could be Old Tables, except one that exists into a part of this route:

User ---> Documents ---> Ever Smart Tutorial 1.1.0 ---> EverSmart Tutorial Tables f ---> Old Tables (into this folder there are only 37 items).

It's strange because I have Iqsmart. However it could be cause of one day I tried to install an EverSmart that one of my clients gaves me because he close his business and I was a friend of him and he prefered to gave me the scanner than another option. However it's an old version and only works with an older G4 that always have problems. Maybe this folder was set into this route when I finish the installation seeing that it not was a good idea because this application could not work with my G5.

I had to start for tables because the cuts (when I did the previous) was not correct, it displayed lot part of black cutting the correct image (when using masks for 6x7, etc...)

Quote Originally Posted by SURF View Post
    I mean that scanner uses tables and they are stored somewhere on the hard disk. I can not say where cause I do not use IQSmart, no Mac OS X. The guys that use can provide more details on that I think. While generating tables previous tables are renamed with adding OLD to the name. So you can rename them back and use. It can work if you can not generate new. "BUTTING TARGET" problem while generating tables can be caused by several hardware reasons. It can be missing "white zipper line" on a glass, or old lense belt.

And why you had to generate new tables?

Regards
    Al

Quote Originally Posted by B.S.Kumar View Post
    Do you have access to another Mac? Even an iBook would do. Before I got my G4, I ran the scanner with a 12" iBook G4. Do you have the calibration slide? If so, perhaps you could load the software on that machine, and then see if there's some other issue. Both times that I loaded the software, everything went smoothly.

Kumar
    Hi Kumar! Thanks also to you for your help!!

Yes, I could use a portable Mac, that has 10.3.9 version installed because it's one of the first portable computer that Apple built with the new design. It's an old portable but it can be of useful.

i wonder: How can I install the application Oxygen 2.3.1. if the CD is damaged? Do you think that I could connect G5 with my portable using Firewire and copying the application? If so, please, could you help me telling me the suitable actions to do? (I remember that if I connected two Macs by firewire it's necessary to clic one letter on the keyboard to start the connection... I can look for easy in the instructions, etc, but if you know how to do it I will be more sure to do it...

I look forward to your answer before doing any action (I have until Wednesday to try to fix this issue before to send my scanner to Kodak in Madrid... this means: money!!) Have a nice day! Fede

Sometimes, a CD that can't be read by one computer may work with another. So do try it. You can connect two Macs using a Firewire cable. Disconnect all Firewire devices! From the Apple page:
    To use FireWire target disk mode
    Make sure that the target computer is turned off.
    If you are using an Apple portable computer such as a PowerBook or MacBook as the target computer, plug in its AC power adapter.
    Use a FireWire cable to connect the target computer to a host computer. The host computer can be powered on.
    Start up the target computer and immediately press and hold down the T key until the FireWire icon appears. The hard disk of the target computer should become available to the host computer and will likely appear on desktop. (If the target computer is running Mac OS X v10.4 Tiger, you can also open System Preferences, choose Startup Disk, and click Target Disk Mode. Restart the computer and it will start up in Target Disk Mode.)
    When you are finished copying files, locate the target computer's hard disk icon on the desktop of the host computer and drag it to the Trash or choose Eject (or Put Away) from the File menu.
    Press the target computer's power button to turn it off.
    Unplug the FireWire cable.

I'm not sure if simply copying an application will work. And if your installation on the G5 itself has problems, then it's not going to solve anything. But if you have the installer files on the G5, you could simply install it on the laptop.

Kumar

Quote Originally Posted by B.S.Kumar View Post
    Sometimes, a CD that can't be read by one computer may work with another. So do try it. You can connect two Macs using a Firewire cable. Disconnect all Firewire devices! From the Apple page:
    To use FireWire target disk mode
    Make sure that the target computer is turned off.
    If you are using an Apple portable computer such as a PowerBook or MacBook as the target computer, plug in its AC power adapter.
    Use a FireWire cable to connect the target computer to a host computer. The host computer can be powered on.
    Start up the target computer and immediately press and hold down the T key until the FireWire icon appears. The hard disk of the target computer should become available to the host computer and will likely appear on desktop. (If the target computer is running Mac OS X v10.4 Tiger, you can also open System Preferences, choose Startup Disk, and click Target Disk Mode. Restart the computer and it will start up in Target Disk Mode.)
    When you are finished copying files, locate the target computer's hard disk icon on the desktop of the host computer and drag it to the Trash or choose Eject (or Put Away) from the File menu.
    Press the target computer's power button to turn it off.
    Unplug the FireWire cable.

I'm not sure if simply copying an application will work. And if your installation on the G5 itself has problems, then it's not going to solve anything. But if you have the installer files on the G5, you could simply install it on the laptop.

Kumar
    Hi Kumar! Thanks again for your answer.
    I have tried to read the CD using different computers but it was not possible. I can read it only using my old, old, G4... I can see the icon of the CD and could start to copy the application on the desktop, but just after copying 1,5 Mb. the copy stopped... I tried several times and always the same: after await for the copy a final message displayed telling that it was not possible to read or finish the copy due to an error of the disk (I don't remember exactly the message, but it was something like this).

By other hand I also used another G5 after installing the application after copy using firewire. When I tried to execute the Oxygen app. some error messages displayed on the desktop. So I think there is no possible use the application only copying it, it must exist some other files on different folders of the computer system (... I think).

At the end I have tried to use my Powerbook G4 (only 7 Gb available... the HD should have about 20 Gb). I have tried to delete all the applications and files possible but I can't avoid take out more than this number of Gb... You can see that it seems that I have not luck... When I have an idea it appears something that avoid execute the idea.

Of course, I would like to know if all the issue comes from some wrong file of the Oxygen app. or another file of my G5. As you can imagine I have tried to install the application lots of times (executing INSTALL PROGRAM), and last times it displays the typical message of Mac telling that the installation has been cancelled because some kind of problem... (with the screen where you can see thousands of symbols, etc. and if you want to send the report to Apple). Do you understand what I mean? This did not happen on the first installations, on those cases only displayed the error when installing table Nr.18. that continues displaying when using the options "CREATE TABLES".

Do you think that it could be a good solution obtaining a folder of tables from anybody and put them into my computer and "Create Tables" again?? It seems that the application can't continue due to the app does not find tables already done.

Another thing that I have on my mind it's: the technical of Kodak did not tell me that it could be some issue on my computer, he was always speaking about the scanner. He was very kind with me and I don't think that he can have any special interest in repair the scan and make me spend money. There is no a shop or particular person who need to earn money, he is a worker on a big company and understood my particular situation... Thanks!! Fede

Quote Originally Posted by fede63 View Post
    I had to start for tables because the cuts (when I did the previous) was not correct, it displayed lot part of black cutting the correct image (when using masks for 6x7, etc...)
    That looks like problemed belt. If it is so, then there is no way to generete tables, no good butting.

BTW you can try to make image of the mac cd-rom on a pc with a good new drive. Best program for that is cloneCD. Then you can burn the image to the cd and you'll have good working copy. It often works.

I have an Eversmart Supreme. When I had this problem, the only solution was to replace the base glass plate. Kodak still sells them. Apparently, the sawtooth pattern on the right side of the screen had faded slightly.

Bruce

If the CD can't be read, maybe you can ask if someone has a copy of the software to lend you, so that you can do a fresh install. I no longer have my copy, so I can't help you there. Perhaps your contact at Kodak can help. If I remember rightly, there was a thread here about making the calibration pattern on the base glass, if that indeed is the problem. You should also send the error logs to Kodak. It may be possible to diagnose the problems from them.

Kumar

Dear friends!! The issue that I had with my Iqsmart2 has been already fixed!! It was an issue due to the software... One of my clients sent me an image of the CD of his version (2.4.2 I think is this number...). I copied it on the hard disk, create tables and no problem!

Thanks to all of you for your interest and ideas.

(Para Xavier... Recibí tu correo y te escribí agradeciéndote por lo que me comentabas, pero siempre me devolvía tu correo el servidor. Muchas gracias).