Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Selenium Quadtone prints

Selenium Quadtone prints

Penelope - not "everyone" is so defensive and insecure. You have simply hit the button of those few who are. This is an open forum and you have to put up with whoever pops their head over the parapet, whatever their personal daemons. Very few on the forum are artists first, photographers second: most would describe themselves as photographers, not artists per se.

I am a little confused by your question 'tho. You are obviously experienced in the art world so you must know that the price of a work has nothing to do with the way it was produced, as you have just eloquently pointed out in your Potters Tale above... FWIW (and in this case I admit, it is worth little) I would say get whatever £/$ you can. Trite, I know, but there is no other answer.

In any event, good luck with your latest project - let us know if you get an exhibition in London - I'll pop along just to show not everyone on this forum is a miserable old curmudgeon ;-)...

Cheers,

Selenium Quadtone prints

Ah thank you Penelope, I understand your post now. WHile you are new to LF you are an established artist and have been doing it for a while. That was my confusion, which you have dispelled very eloquently. I agree with all you have said, except the insecurity part..:-).

I think a little explanation is due to you in this sense, some of us LF photographers sometimes get irritated when we see digital practitioners talk about how their prints "look" like platinum and even "add" the brush strokes. I and a few others regard this as gimickry. Since this has been discussed to death on this and other forums, your post brought to surface the same old feelings.

Having said this, I congratulate you in your success and in my opinion dont worry about the negative size, you are doing well and should continue to do what you are doing, obviously is working for you.