Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Camera Travel club...

Re: Camera Travel club...

Dan, that must be a pita having feet that keep changing sizes...hope your one of the lucky ones that can afford med insurance.

I'm sold on the shoe's but no one seems to take me seriously around here... it must be the humour and I drive VW too.

Ps; Dan you could use a pair that don't currently fit you for participating in the ''shoe travelling club'' then everyones a winner.

El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángeles de Porciúncula

I'm sure it's the Vee Dubb... mostly.

Quote Originally Posted by kev curry View Post
    Dan, that must be a pita having feet that keep changing sizes...hope your one of the lucky ones that can afford med insurance.
    Kev, my feet are OK. I go from Birks to fang-resistant boots to old deck shoes with no trouble at all. But I don't dare buy any footwear but Birks by mail order.

Brian, the typical traveling camera game is one camera, one lens, sometimes one roll of film, many photographers. From there to a set of roaming LF cameras is a huge stretch.

Cheers,

Dan

El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángeles de Porciúncula

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Fromm View Post
    Brian, the typical traveling camera game is one camera, one lens, sometimes one roll of film, many photographers. From there to a set of roaming LF cameras is a huge stretch.
    Yes, I'm aware of the typical approach. This was a different and somewhat novel idea, essentially "let's try out each others camera". Even under ideal conditions this would be tough to orchestrate. In get-together settings it seems much easier to pull off. But it doesn't matter much since the offer was made and nobody really wanted to participate in such an activity. Oh well, it was an interesting idea and a generous offering.

Format Omnivore Brian C. Miller's Avatar

There is nothing to stop anybody from swapping cameras for a bit. Seriously, all that's needed are two people posting a camera to each other.

As for vicarious photography, how about running a little movie camera, and posting it up on YouTube or whatever? Just raw video of whatever it is. There's cheap helmet cams and such, and it would be more interesting than just seeing a print. How does someone else work? Or how about doing the same thing in the darkroom, to show how someone prints?