Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Type 55 8x10

Type 55 8x10

Now one thing I've always wondered about is why type 55 doesn't use a faster negative emulsion to bring the negative exposure closer to the positive exposure, since it seems that most people give more exposure for the neg than for the print. Isn't the idea to have both a usable neg and a usable print? Otherwise you might as well proof with regular Polaroid and shoot regular neg film.

Type 55 8x10

Thanks to all for your interest and comments, Enquire about this, see if you can change there minds.

While I was doing the initial test, I figured out low volume handling of the product here, including shipping here in the building. I was the one who first enquired on this forum who would be interested in this product format, and took your comments to the first meeting to support this.

If anyone is doing foliage season in Vermont this year, I live there, Im available on weekends, and would demonstrate whats what i have of this film, until i shoot it into extinction.

Bill

Type 55 8x10

I'm just amazed that after more than 30 years of production, Polaroid hasn't bothered to fix it so the print and negative ISO speeds are identical.
    Wilhelm (Sarasota)

Type 55 8x10

I don't think having the two match up is really that important, if I want a polaroid positive I would go to a print only film which would be much cheaper, and if I wanted a negative I would use the 55 and check only the neg for proper exposure. even if the two matched up, I would still check the neg only, since that is what I would value the most.

Type 55 8x10

I shhot 8x10 , I use the polaroid and would not hesitate to use 8x10 55pn. The ability to get the negative fast and then print it is the best advantage. Please, Mr. Land, do a run for us to try.

Type 55 8x10

Type 55 is an attractive medium for people who do medium- and large-format street, travel, and documentary photography, because it creates the possibility of giving a print to the subject whom you may never see again and have no way of contacting and keeping the negative. If the positive and negative were the same speed, this would work much better, no?

Type 55 8x10

thanks to all for the e-mails,

It is extremely important to have the sheet and negative speeds set so the sensitometry is compatable for the picture and negative, for the shoet development time of 20 secs.

Bill

Type 55 8x10

I would like to add my voice to those above. I use a lot of 8x10 polaroid both color and black and white I have also experimented with the chocolate cross over and it is very nice. 8x10 55 type film would be a great thing. I would like to know how polaroid came to a negative answer in their marketing evaluation. I also agree with many in this forum about the expensive packaging of polaroid both 4x5 and 8x10, a simpler sturdy cardboard would be just fine. Finally I would gladly join forces and money with whoever is interested to see if a special order could be placed. Thanks

Type 55 8x10

Hi All, Looks like the T-805, (T-55 in 8x10 format) isn't dead yet. It took a while but I am now gearing up to do another round of feasibility tests. From the initial test we determined that the development time will be 60 seconds. SO, now i need to find my 5 gal bucket again to mix the sodium sulfide in.

Type 55 8x10

Go Bill, go!!!!!!