Thanks everyone for the help. I did take my Fuji PA-45 off the camera when I pulled the tabs for the instant film., and it was a big help. I'll probably send the C1 to Bob Watkins for a check-up. I spoke to a guy at B&H about the Manfrotto 400. He said that although the reviews were good (one excellent review from a guy who also shoots with a Sinar P2), I should talk with the folks at Manfrotto. The B&H guy was concerned about the long term effects of an 18 lb set-up on a head that's rated for 22 lbs maximum load, especially at the extremes of movement. I'm waiting to hear back from the guy at Manfrotto. It seems like the Linhof 3-D might work, but I do wonder about the long term effects of the weight at the extremes.

Even with tightening the tension controls to their max, the C1 will work with the P2 only if I'm careful. The movements on the P2 themselves are so rock solid that I'd really like a geared head that is equally solid, so I don't have to worry when I'm putting in and taking out film holders. We'll see what Bob Watkins has to say.

Again many thanks,

David