Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Kodak might file Bankruptcy.

Kodak might file Bankruptcy.

Re: Kodak might file Bankruptcy.

There are several threads already on this from Friday. Check the business forum.

At this point I almost want them to get it over with so we can all move on. I can only hope that some entity picks up the film division before they turn the lights out.
    Last edited by Michael Kadillak; 2-Oct-2011 at 17:08. Reason: typo

I can think of quite a number of workers in Rochester, NY who could really stand to still have a job, as well as a lot of retirees who need their pensions. I plan to buy as much Kodak film as I can. Nobody else makes color film in 8x10. I doubt that their film division will ever be picked up by anyone, so we need Kodak to survive. Use it or lose it.

--Gary

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Kadillak View Post
    At this point I almost want them to get it over with so we can all move on. I can only hope that some entity picks up the film division before they turn the lights out.

Sal... Are you kidding? $400 for twenty sheets of neg film. Kodak is $240 for two boxes of ten. It is not like that is interchangeable. Do you shoot 8x10 color yourself?

Quote Originally Posted by John NYC View Post
    Sal... Are you kidding? $400 for twenty sheets of neg film. Kodak is $240 for two boxes of ten. It is not like that is interchangeable. Do you shoot 8x10 color yourself?
    No, I don't shoot 8x10 color. About the only color I shoot on film any longer is 120; the 645 transparencies get mounted and projected. If Kodak ceases operations, I might freeze some 120 E100G, but not much. I'm not confident that E-6 processing will be available for too many more years.

Gary said nobody makes 8x10 color film. He didn't specify a price and he didn't specify negative. I linked to three different Fuji 8x10 color films available for purchase. Why would I be kidding?

indecent exposure cosmicexplosion's Avatar

the bh photo is 20 sheets fuji colour for $169

dont mean to be accurate
    through a glass darkly...

Quote Originally Posted by Gary L. Quay View Post
    I can think of quite a number of workers in Rochester, NY who could really stand to still have a job, as well as a lot of retirees who need their pensions. I plan to buy as much Kodak film as I can. Nobody else makes color film in 8x10. I doubt that their film division will ever be picked up by anyone, so we need Kodak to survive. Use it or lose it.

--Gary
    Gary,

A few years ago my blood pressure would have shot through the roof at even a hint of Kodak going down.

Maybe this is a good thing in that the management team should get purged and someone with some sort of sense will take the helm.
    Kodak, imho, was one of the few truly great companies to deal with. The last few years have shown us a new face, that frankly, should go bury their heads it the sand.
    Maybe I am dreaming in Technicolor (1930s Kodak reference here ) that Kodak can be saved once the fools that currently line "Mahogany Row" are replaced and a leaner smarter Kodak resurfaces.

The annual report shows they spent 19 million in R+D in the film division.
    And some moron marketing VP makes 5x7 and 8x10 T-400 ver 2 a special order item!!

7 billion in sales in 2010.
    1.7 billion from the photo division (down 22%)

Someone will pick them up,
    and maybe, like Ilford a few years ago, a newer, leaner, wiser company will emerge.

Kodak has great products,
    and stupid managers!

Quote Originally Posted by cosmicexplosion View Post
    the bh photo is 20 sheets fuji colour for $169

dont mean to be accurate
    That is ok, since you are not being accurate. BH does not currently carry 8x10 color NEGATIVE film. The price you got there is for slide film.