Thread: From Prince George, BC, Canada

moltogordo

From Prince George, BC, Canada

Greetings!

I'm a professional violinist/composer/conductor, and photography has been an adjunct to my career since I was 12. I'm 60 now, so that's a while. I also hunt and fish, and of course a camera is always present.

My principal film weapons were a Nikon F3, and a Mamiya C330, but as I used medium format more and more, and then bought a Calumet view, I gravitated to lighter 35mm equipment, finally settling on OM1. I used 4x5 intermittently, but the results were always sensational.

I now shoot mostly digital (Pentax), but have a Pentax MX, my faithful C330, and am now the proud possessor of a very nice Linhof Kardan, with two lenses, the stock Linhof 150mm f4.5 and the Schneider 90mm shown here:

I thought I'd get back into film after five years of digital, and thought I'd concentrate on 4x5, which I never really utilized to fullest extent. So here I am.

I'm pretty good in the darkroom, so I thought the large format would be a great adjunct to my digital stuff. I belong to several other photography forums as well, but I'm not there as much as I used to be because I'm currently in a competitive airgun mode. I go in phases!

I also thought that I'd make good contacts here for the repair and reconditioning of older lenses and cameras, of which I have a nice collection. So I'll be here from time to time. Looking forward to sharing and contributing.

Gord Lucas

Re: From Prince George, BC, Canada

Welcome Gord,
    I'm a neighbour to the south (near Salmon Arm) and have spent a lot of time in PG over the years. There are some nice photo opportunities around there, if one doesn't get stuck finding them!

Hi Gord, welcome to the best forum on the net. My step-dad is from Prince George. The furthest North I've been is Quesnel. I love that whole area between Churn Creek and Sheep Range Provincial Park. Planning on heading up to Farewell Canyon at the end of this month.

andrew

Hey Lucas, a welcome from another Canuck and glad to know that you are back to 4x5. It is well worth it. I now find 6x6 too small :-) and I am in the process of selling all or almost my 35mm Pentax gear that I used to love so much.

Cheers,

Luc
    Field # ShenHao XPO45 - Monorail # Sinar P, F2
    [CENTER]6x6 # Minolta 1965 Autocord, 6x9 # Kodak 1946 Medalist II

It was during the 4 years we lived in Prince George )77-81) that I first started shooting medium format. Welcome and enjoy yourself here, at least there is no pulp mill smell on the forum.

I lived in Prince George as well, 70 or 71 , I worked for a local sawmill piling the 2x4's and also night shift for awhile for BC Rail, my job was oiling the brakes.
    Lucky that year there were no accidents.

A tough community , but heart of gold community, I have very fond memorys of Prince George and its people.

Quote Originally Posted by redrockcoulee View Post
    It was during the 4 years we lived in Prince George )77-81) that I first started shooting medium format. Welcome and enjoy yourself here, at least there is no pulp mill smell on the forum.