Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Feisol CT-3371 for 810?

Feisol CT-3371 for 810?

Hi all,
    I have decided that I am about pissed off at almost all tripods that will hold my Deardorff. I bought a Zone IV and it was a cranky, heavy beast. I tried a Reis for a few days and loved some of it but the price, size, weight sort of turned me off a bit. I was at B+H last week and looked over almost all their tripods and the only one I liked was over $1,000!

My fall back tripod is a manfrotto 475B. works fine but it is a big, heavy beast that is almost impossible to travel with. I am almost resigned to this guy but it is really starting to show its age...and it is only 4 years old!

Anyone have the Feisol CT-3371? It looks great, price is good and the light weight is sweet. What about the upgraded leg locks?

Thanks
    david

Re: Feisol CT-3371 for 810?

David,
    This tripod looks, and, by the description, sounds much like my tripod, an Induro AT 413.
    http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...13_Tripod.html

It has pretty much the same features; mine is 2.5 lbs heavier but can support 44 lbs.
    I've used it with my Toyo 810G, a marvellous beast, and the tripod hasn't flinched.
    I can walk around town all day with it on my shoulder or in a bag, no problem (the tripod, that is).
    The only reason I'm mentioning this tripod vs the Feisol is the almost $200 price difference.
    I can certainly attest to the Induro's quality and strength; I've put it through the wringer in the year I've had it.
    I keep a Manfrotto 3039 head on it, and it takes care of all cameras, from the 5D to the 810G.

Something to ponder, at least.
    Last edited by Ari; 1-Oct-2011 at 20:00.

Quote Originally Posted by Ari View Post
    David,
    This tripod looks, and, by the description, sounds exactly like my tripod, an Induro AT 413.
    http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...13_Tripod.html

It has pretty much the same features, is 2.5 lbs heavier but can support 44 lbs.
    I've used it with my Toyo 810G, a marvellous beast, and the tripod hasn't flinched.
    I can walk around town all day with it on my shoulder or in a bag, no problem (the tripod, that is).
    The only reason I'm mentioning this tripod vs the Feisol is the almost $200 price difference.
    I can certainly attest to the Induro's quality and strength; I've put it through the wringer in the year I've had it.
    I keep a Manfrotto 3039 head on it, and it takes care of all cameras, from the 5D to the 810G.

Something to ponder, at least.
    wow! Thanks....I did not really look at this at B+H....maybe I was too much of a tripod snob

well worth a shot for that amount of money

thanks Ari...might have a winner!
    david

Glad if I could help, David; just bear in mind the difference in weight between the two tripods, if weight was a primary factor.
    Aside from that, the Induro comes with a center column, a bag, spikes, and a small tool set for quick repairs.
    There's a CF version also (can't remember the model), but I prefer the slightly heavier, but much steadier Al/Mg version.
    Let me know how it works out.

If weight was a real issue I would not mess with the 810 It is still 3lbs lighter than my current beast and looks well built.
    david

Quote Originally Posted by atlcruiser View Post
    If weight was a real issue I would not mess with the 810
    True dat!
    It is well-built, and if you don't like it, you can always return it.
    But I bet you won't.

C Keith Martin

I have been using a 3371 with my home made 8x10 for three years. It works great and is nice and light. My camera is now about 8 lb. but was ~11 lb. when I started. Over all I have found the Feisol tripods to be a great value.

Keith
    C Keith Martin
    North Bend WA
    8x10 Shooter

I have two Feisol tripods, a medium and a large. I think my large one is the predecessor to the one you mentioned.

I use it with a Gitzo pan-tilt head and a Wehman 8x10. Solid. No complaints. Good value. Would buy again without hesitation. High quality. Twist locks are smooth.

I've had a 3372 for a few years. It's a good solid tripod and I'd buy another Feisol. I've encounted a couple of issues - firstly the spikes you can get for the 3372 and 3371 are hopeless, they're little more than bolts with slightly pointed ends. I had three thread adaptors made so I could use Gitzo spikes. The big issue I've had with my 3371 is the legs falling off! Two of mine have come off and I've had to stick them back on with Epoxy. I'm sure I'm not the only person to have this issue with them. Maybe they've resolved this issue since I got mine.

All in all though, well recommended.

Quote Originally Posted by uniB View Post
    I've had a 3372 for a few years. It's a good solid tripod and I'd buy another Feisol. I've encounted a couple of issues - firstly the spikes you can get for the 3372 and 3371 are hopeless, they're little more than bolts with slightly pointed ends. I had three thread adaptors made so I could use Gitzo spikes. The big issue I've had with my 3371 is the legs falling off! Two of mine have come off and I've had to stick them back on with Epoxy. I'm sure I'm not the only person to have this issue with them. Maybe they've resolved this issue since I got mine.

All in all though, well recommended.
    UniB,
    I can appreciate that you like this particular tripod, but I'm not sure I'd give it a hearty thumbs-up if two of my tripod legs came off and were now held by epoxy; my expectations would be higher for a tripod in that price range.

Just sayin'...