Hi Folks,

I'm about to rerun some of the testing of the 8x10 and the IQ180 and I wanted to start a thread to get help in making a test protocol. This is really a comparitive and subjective test but here is what I have planned so far

1) IQ180 + Alpa SWA and Linhof Techno + 40 and 70 Digaron W lenses

2) Ebony 810 and Toyo 810MII + Nikkor 240 or Fujinon 240A and a 360 Sironar S hopefully

3) Ebony 45SU + 180 Sironar S and a Shneider or Rodenstock 90

We're also going to fire off a Mamiya 7 + 55mm and 80mm and a bunch of top end DSLRs (sony,canon,nikon) and also test a Phase 45+

These will be shot on an infinity target and also a fixed target with repositioning to fill frame (100m or so away).

8x10 will be shot using a 5 series Gitzo plus BH55 or Manfrotto 405 geared head plus a Gitzo 3 series as a front support.

Film used will probably be Fuji Velvia and Fuji Pro160S (I might buy some Ektar but I figure we're probably lens limited and I have a bunch of Pro160S I can use already).

Film will be scanned on an Epson then on a Drum Scanner (Howtek 4500) and then a sample of it will be scanned on a Heidleberg Tango 11,000 dpi and finally we'll make a print from it (ciba and ra4) perhaps only a section depending on cost.. ? and an inkjet and get some non-photographers to assess the results.

We'll also verify the detail by photographing the work on a microscope (see latest reply on the previous post for a sample)

I was going to use taking aperture of f/22 for the 8x10 f/16 for 5x4 and f/5.6 for the Phase (let me know if I've worked these out wrong - I made a spreadsheet and then lost it)

I was hoping to also run a side test with the 5x4 and Linhof techno with the cameras on full shift and tilt to see how movements affects things. I was pondering about buying some nice textiles with stripes and coloured specks to throw around at various distance to have a resolution target (some indian sari fabrics would be wonderful for it!).

Any thoughts?