Page 70 of 96 FirstFirst ... 2060686970717280 ... LastLast

Thread: how old are we?

Re: how old are we?

Began photgraphing with large format at age 8 after a couple of years with a roll film Univex. That was 78 years ago and I still use cameras up to 7x17, and no roll film ones.

49 for a few more weeks...

Freshly-minted 45 y.o.

I'll turn 60 this summer. Can hardly believe what that means. When I look in the mirror I'm still thinking I'm in my twenties. The Calumet C-1 I bought last week should shock me into my actual age. Abandoned 8x10 six years ago but a new project required another so here I am, aging, and still shooting...
    Steve Williams
    Scooter in the Sticks

I have now survived 63 winters. Only started LF less than 3 years ago when I joined this forum. It was either Ham Radio or LF and you guys won. Lucky you! LOL

I started shooting 16mm Minox in 1958, but never got an enlarger. Now I own more enlargers than anybody...

I am a child at heart. Tic Tock.

Quote Originally Posted by Randy Moe View Post
    I have now survived 63 winters. Only started LF less than 3 years ago when I joined this forum. It was either Ham Radio or LF and you guys won. Lucky you! LOL

I started shooting 16mm Minox in 1958, but never got an enlarger. Now I own more enlargers than anybody...

I am a child at heart. Tic Tock.
    Too funny. Glad LF got you and not the Ham Radio.

I am 29 years old and have even shooting since I graduated from college in 2007. I was a painter in college and in need of shooting my work for portfolio review I foolishly purchased a camera with the idea I could do it myself. I started off with a cheap P/S, then a better one, then an entry level DSLR, then a pro model, then after a few years I discovered film for the first time... 35mm to MF to Wet Plate to 45 and now I am building an 8x10 arsenal. It's been fun!

51 and counting........I have been shooting 4x5 since 1993. I started with a Busch Pressman and a Super Chromega D. I have them both today! My now camera is the Toyo 45A with Rodenstock glass and the same enlarger. Going slow was a sign of things to come! Well received!!

I am 23 and have been photographing since ~2006. Started with film (35mm) then went to digital, then 120 film, and now getting into 5x7/8x10 large format. This is my main hobby, try to do it daily, but its a struggle.

I'll be 48 next month. Just started shooting LF a little over a year ago.