Page 69 of 96 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179 ... LastLast

Thread: how old are we?

Re: how old are we?

55. Been involved with photography off and on, since I was a child, as dad and grandpa had darkrooms. Shot film all through high school but didn't develop much so sort of forgot how.
    Went to college (1st time) to be a photojournalist, didn't finish degree. Went second time in my 40's with Sociology degree, did a bit of photography, started to move into digital at that time.
    Moved to Australia in my late 40's, really got into digital, got a good DSLR for a gift when I was 50, just recently started getting back into film. Have 13 film cameras, mostly 35mm, but several old 120's and 620's. Seriously looking for a good medium format camera and thinking hard about a large format camera.
    Taking some alternative printing classes next month, when I will have access to a darkroom! Yippee!

Funny looking back. I posted in this thread 9 years ago that I was 36. I turn 45 in a few months. My the time flies.

47 and I first posted in this thread when I was 36. Better than the alternative, I suppose.

Format Omnivore Brian C. Miller's Avatar

You posted when you were 36? So did I. Now I'm 48, and I'm teaching myself brazing to build myself a bigger camera. I just got a MuggyWeld starter kit, and I watched a few videos. I've sketched a design, and I'm going to build a little model before I build something that measures in feet.

I imagine, I persist, I accomplish.
    "It's the way to educate your eyes. Stare. Pry, listen, eavesdrop. Die knowing something. You are not here long." - Walker Evans

Almost 33, shooting LF since 2 years - started photography 20 years ago with a Minolta XD5 (borrowed from my father), then got my first camera on Christmas 1994 (Minolta X300s, still have it).

2 Bit Hack

57 is coming around the corner in a month and change. I have had a camera in my hand since I was 18. Worked for a small newspaper for a short stint. Went to digital in 2008. In 2014 I realized that there was no way I going to get the quality I see on this forum and started in on LF.
    Regards

Marty

Recently hit 61. Seems that I have always had a camera of some form, Kodak Brownie back in the earliest, years getting prints made to put in the scrapbook, followed by the instamatic. Next remember the Polaroid Swinger. In high school used a friends 35mm Pentax before deciding to buy a Nikon Ftn. Aound early 90's decided to take the plunge into 4x5 and built the Bender kit. Currently shooting with the Shen Hoa as well as a Nikon D800.

Regards

Old enough that I can't remember if I posted to this.

Going on 42. LF since my late thirties.
    raul

43. Started with 4x5 at 19. 8x10 began just 3 years ago!