Page 18 of 96 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868 ... LastLast

Thread: how old are we?

how old are we?

jj, what's on the X-axis of that curve? I'd expect the distribution to be a little more bell-like, or am I just not getting it?

how old are we?

The curve he posted is a cumulative distribution. (Percentage of people who are a certain age or less.)

I'm 26, shooting 11x14, been in photography for four years.

how old are we?

A 31 year transplated American living and working as an advertising photog here is beautiful Stockholm Sweden.
    Started out with a Pentax Auto 110 which I got from my grandfather at age six. It started me on my journey of imaging.
    Bought a Sinar F2 at age 17. Bought a Wisner 12x20 two years ago for 2:1 ratio portraiture of famous Swedish women.
    I still have my Pentax 110 in my back pocket when out shooting with my 12x20 in the Nature.

Anyone interested in monster enlargements? Almost finished building a 20x24 color enlarger
    together with a lab dealing mostly with sheet film clients here in Sthlm.....
    www.soost.com
    Teddan

how old are we?

36 years.........my kids tell me I'm old already. Shoot with 35mm, MF, 4x5, and Digital. Printing is all digital now.

how old are we?

Uh oh, I'm literally within a few days of jj's calculated average. Not sure what that means...

Started with a 120-format Diana-type camera when I was 5 or 6, followed shortly by a 127 Kodak Brownie... first prints of my own around 1969... first 35mm in 1974... first darkroom of my own in 1980... first "real" medium format in 1989 or so... first LF in 1996 - a handful of 4x5 test shots using Phil Davis' Sinar Norma and 135 Sironar, followed immediately by a leap to 8x10 with a 250 Wide Field Ektar and a borrowed Phillips Compact II. That did the trick: I've been hooked on this craziness ever since...

how old are we?

David Goldfarb jj, what's on the X-axis of that curve? I'd expect the distribution to be a little more bell-like, or am I just not getting it?

I can make it a bell-curve if you like.

how old are we?

The curve he posted is a cumulative distribution. (Percentage of people who are a certain age or less.)

It's just a record# X age graph. Not very usefull, I admit. (I knocked it off and lost interest, got busy quickly.) The data really does follow a Bell curve, as David suspected, with a range of 16 to 76.

If you look at certain vertical spans, those are modes - for example, 40 and 50. Mode is 40, with 50 a close challenge.

shootin' cars and large format

Re: how old are we?

I'm 22

I'm 59 started into photography when I was about 19. Got my first 4x5 a Cambo SCII and Leica M4 when I was about 23 in 1971. Don't have the Cambo, but still have all the lenses and the Leica. Happen to have a Speed Graphic that I use a lot and was built the year I was born.
    Greg Lockrey

Wealth is a state of mind.
    Money is just a tool.
    Happiness is pedaling +25mph on a smooth road.

Currently 61. Been doing LF intermittently for about 15 years, and almost exclusively for about 5. So far, limited to 4x5, but I have dreams about 4x10, 5x12, etc. Have had my own darkroom for nearly 30 years, and while I've tinkered with color, the main focus has been black and white. Started dabbling in Pt/Pd a year ago.