Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Our New Show

Re: Our New Show

Beautiful work from all of your group, Monty. Wish I could get up there for the show as I would love to see them in person. A great group of "Platers" you hang with once a year. One of these days I'm setting the cruise control for "EAST"........and I received your postcard invite....thanks much!.............

tav

Monty, I have said it before, your work is really special. There is little doubt that the work of your group will be well received; the audience is in for a real treat!

Best,
    Merg

I enjoyed this immensely. The process is intriguing and the video production was very good. Thanks for this.

I went today. It took me almost 5 hours on road back and forth from DC: this is why Americans all drive instead of taking public tranportation--I missed the first Marc train, so I had to wait for another hour. Then there is bus 99 from BWI airport to Catonsville, which I had to wait for almost another hour. On the way back, Marc train broke down and we were all stranded for quite a while. How on earth this all happened to me, I don't know. But the exhibition was really great. I wouldn't miss that for anything. There are almost 100 plates of all sizes from full plate to Monty's 2024. There are 4 other artists beside Monty all doing wet plate. I happen to know David. He wouldn't know me as Tuant. I have written too many bad checks in my prevous life, I would never use my real name Fantastic plates! I wanted to see them in person because I knew what we see on line is very different. We have all seen Monty's 8D 2024 plate of his wife before but the real plate is so different and so much nicer! Anyway, if you happen to be around that area, I highly recommend it. Q building is right next to bus stop 99 and 77 if you don't drive. If you board an ill fated Marc train, please don't blame me for that. My experience is much worse than yours

Thank you so much for that Tuant. I'm one of the other 4 artists and it's particularly nice to hear that people enjoyed the work. We worked hard on this show and I hope the differences between the work show how differently tintype can be used. BTW if you come back for the opening on 11/4 the wine is free.

LF/ULF Carbon Printer Jim Fitzgerald's Avatar

Monty, this is great to get together like this and create such wonderful plates. Congrats to all!

Montreal , Canada. Los Angeles, California

Monty,
    Please don't forget to post some event pictures. We are dying to see it. Thanks.

Zebra

Hey all,

Thought I would bump the show one more time before tomorrow night. We are here at CCBC giving workshops for three days and it has been a wonderful experience. Hope any that might be able to come do so. I look forward to meeting you. Here is one of the pictures that is hanging. Hope you enjoy.

When we are done I'll post some pictures of the opening early next week. Thanks for looking

20 x 24 Alumitype