Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: It's official. No more film processing in Nashville, TN.

Re: It's official. No more film processing in Nashville, TN.

It's official. No more film processing in Nashville, TN.
    Why can't you process film in TN? Is the water supply bad? Radiation levels too high? Can you still take pictures in TN?

I would much rather pass on the liability to someone else if there any problems with the results.
    So you are looking for someone you can sue if the images don't come out they way you want? Maybe they are no longer in business because someone beat you to it...

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Petronio View Post
    Yet another plug for Edgar at http://www.4photolab.com/ lol.

You want to work with a busy lab that has enough volume to be able to afford to maintain good chemistry and processing practices. Places that are slow are not the best quality.
    ditto
    Thanks,
    Kirk

at age 73:
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep,
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep"

funkadelic

Quote Originally Posted by ic-racer View Post
    Why can't you process film in TN? Is the water supply bad? Radiation levels too high? Can you still take pictures in TN?

So you are looking for someone you can sue if the images don't come out they way you want? Maybe they are no longer in business because someone beat you to it...
    Wow. Those are some strong assumptions. Take off the tin foil hat if you're going to play along.
    I just feel better giving the work, because of the sentimental significance, to someone who does it more frequently than I do. I'm quite capable of developing. It was just an assurance to the "customer". Besides, you can't sue for development errors. That's why the pros have insurance for their high dollar projects.
    I can see you're all about sensitivity. I thought you of all people would understand.

Ha well I think processing color at home is bogus too, you're much better sending it out unless you somehow have busy studio cranking out 100s of sheets a week, in which case you hire someone to do it for you.

As for always recommending Praus, he is my friend, his lab work is rock solid and he hits a reasonable mark between being custom/personal and not too NYC-ish fancy snobby expensive... and if his lab remains busy and prosperous it is in my selfish interest because I find it very convenient to drop my film off locally and pick it up after drinking coffee. I wish you were as lucky but better me than some dude in LA or Kansas.

If I were Canadian then I'd be recommending Bob Carnie. For scans Lenny Eiger from this forum has a great reputation. If I get a gazillion dollars then I'll buy new Linhofs from Bob Salomon. Nothing the matter with supporting the people you know, even if it's only virtually!

Well, this is all very depressing. In Hampton Roads I've had great luck with Atlantis Photo Processing handling my (infrequent) C-41 work. I certainly hope they don't vanish on us any time soon.

That's a camera?

In Vancouver, BC, The Lab (http://www.thelabvancouver.com) does excellent work at a reasonable price.

Hieu is the manager and runs his shop well. It's kept busy by locals and the Hollywood North people who still shoot a lot of film.

E6 in Atlanta still does C41 and E6. Haven't had a lot done but haven't had any problems.

There is Colourworks in Wilmington, Delaware:

http://www.colourworks.com/colourworks_content.html

Quote Originally Posted by cdholden View Post
    Wow. Those are some strong assumptions. Take off the tin foil hat if you're going to play along.
    I just feel better giving the work, because of the sentimental significance, to someone who does it more frequently than I do. I'm quite capable of developing. It was just an assurance to the "customer". Besides, you can't sue for development errors. That's why the pros have insurance for their high dollar projects.
    I can see you're all about sensitivity. I thought you of all people would understand.
    Sorry , did not mean to be offensive. Just the way the OP was typed seemed odd. I forgot the 'smiley' after my post.

Sorry guys ! I'm still using Walmart for my 120/220 needs with B&W at home on the Jobo!
    I can't do my color at home that cheap!