Thread: Another new guy

I have no idea where I am now.

Another new guy

Well I bit the bullet and got a Speed Graphic from eBay. I’ve wanted to get into LF and now with the Ex gone I felt it was time to move on to something to fill my time while deployed. I have noticed that my photos have improved with the end of my marriage. No idea why.

So the camera will be here in a week or two, and in a twist of fate it will be pressed back in to military service. Film will be on the way soon. But with how far I am from any labs it’s going to be about a month from the time a take a photo until the time I see how it turned out (and how I totally messed up my first shots). So instant gratification this is not.

Kav

Re: Another new guy

Quote Originally Posted by Kav View Post
    Well I bit the bullet and got a Speed Graphic from eBay. I’ve wanted to get into LF and now with the Ex gone I felt it was time to move on to something to fill my time while deployed. I have noticed that my photos have improved with the end of my marriage. No idea why.

So the camera will be here in a week or two, and in a twist of fate it will be pressed back in to military service. Film will be on the way soon. But with how far I am from any labs it’s going to be about a month from the time a take a photo until the time I see how it turned out (and how I totally messed up my first shots). So instant gratification this is not.

Kav
    welcome to lfp kav

Hey Kav, welcome. Are you planning on working with colour or b/w film? If b/w, why not process your own?

andrew

Thanks for the welcome,

Andrew: I'm planning to shoot a mix of color and B&W. I'm not going to process any of my own flim here becasue I really don't know how. And if I did, I'm currently in East Africa. So I would have to get eveything shipped in, and then try and find a place to store it.

Hi Kav,

I'm pretty sure you'd be able to find B&W necessities in Nairobi or Dar es Salaam. But of course knowing where might be the hard part.

If you make it to the bottom end of the continent, come and say hi

Quote Originally Posted by Halford View Post
    Hi Kav,

I'm pretty sure you'd be able to find B&W necessities in Nairobi or Dar es Salaam. But of course knowing where might be the hard part.

If you make it to the bottom end of the continent, come and say hi
    Sadly I'm not doing much traveling from where I'm at (Djibouti), unless I'm flying. Even then I only get dropped off and picked up a while later, and I stay in country. But at least I get to take my camera everywhere I go. That's why I'm looking for a state-side lab.