Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Another chinese 8x10 camera

Re: Another chinese 8x10 camera

Actually, I can't see where this camera is a direct copy of an existing product.

It seems more to interestingly combine features of different cameras like the Phillips, Canham but also Ebony. Also viewcameras aren't really state of the art technology anyhow.

pjotr

It seems strange to tool-up to build a new product for a niche market.
    Real cameras are measured in inches...
    Not pixels.

www.photocollective.org

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Gales View Post
    Frank,

You also sound like me. I have been saying this for years. Now most of our manufacturing jobs are overseas. Donald Trump recently asked, "How can you be anybody if you don't make anything?".

Everyone thinks I'm crazy for not shopping at Walmart. I don't need their anti-union, anti-middle class, anti-minority, anti-women, etc. philosophy. I also don't need their child labor junk!

Alan
    Then enjoy your overpriced 'Made in America' goods. Just don't complain when you pay 3-5x more for the same 'Made in China' goods.

Also, America has been copying European goods for ages, i don't see you guys complaining? Or is hiring mostly European engineers over American one's acceptable too?

You guys should be a bit more thankful and respectful to the Chinese. They are loaning you money to keep your 'economy' afloat.

Edit: I have nothing against America, except maybe the general idiocy that comes from the average Joe. I lived 10 years in NY where my family still runs an energy oriented business where we employ Americans (and others of course). If i made a couple English mistakes, I'm sorry, English is my third language.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronan87 View Post
    ...I have nothing against America, except maybe the general idiocy that comes from the average Joe. I lived 10 years in NY where my family still runs an energy oriented business where we employ Americans (and others of course). If i made a couple English mistakes, I'm sorry, English is my third language.
    Yeah? Well diplomacy isn't your first language, either.

Do or do not. There is no try.

According to my Chinese-born wife, the website is similar to eBay, and uses some sort of escrow service. Her first comment when she walked into the room was "you've got to be careful about this kind of website". And yes, the name of the camera if "frica", which could be Chinglish for "flicker" for all I know.

Now back to the rants

Well my Chinese made daughter turned out OK but the Chinese used to dispose of their little girls until they realized how valuable they were.

funkadelic

Quote Originally Posted by dsphotog View Post
    All of my LF cameras were U.S. made,
    How about those lenses?
    German, Japanese, another German, another German, a Russian, a few British ones... Hey! There's a Wollensak!

This camera has been out for almost one year

http://forum.xitek.com/showthread.ph...&pagenumber=69

and the "taobao" website, is actually similar to ebay, but most of the items are "buy it now" instead of auction. The payment system is somehow "better" than paypal. You send the payment to "taobao" instead of the seller, "taobao" will wait for the buyer to comfirm they received the good in good condition and then release the payment to the seller. So the seller can't get the money and go.

If there are any arguement, just like paypal, "taobao" will have followup.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronan87 View Post
    Then enjoy your overpriced 'Made in America' goods. Just don't complain when you pay 3-5x more for the same 'Made in China' goods.

Also, America has been copying European goods for ages, i don't see you guys complaining? Or is hiring mostly European engineers over American one's acceptable too?

You guys should be a bit more thankful and respectful to the Chinese. They are loaning you money to keep your 'economy' afloat.

Edit: I have nothing against America, except maybe the general idiocy that comes from the average Joe. I lived 10 years in NY where my family still runs an energy oriented business where we employ Americans (and others of course). If i made a couple English mistakes, I'm sorry, English is my third language.
    I used to buy only American made tools, clothes, etc. and yes I did pay more and no I never complained about it. It was my choice. The problem now is finding American made products and the lack of jobs available.

Everyone copies everyone else. The problem is the Chinese copy an item like Disney, Gucci, Nike etc. and then put the brand name they copied on their items. This is fraud.

I'm not mad at the Chinese for loaning our government money. I'm mad at our government for getting our country in the horrible position it is in. I'm very disillusioned with both political parties and don't care at all for the new Tea Party either. Of course this is getting into politics.

I used to know a fellow named Uri. He was from the Soviet Union. I think Uri had it right when he said that there are good people all over the world. It's just that our governments are all screwed up!

One more thing. The last I looked Europe isn't doing so well either.

Lachlan 717

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Gales View Post

One more thing. The last I looked Europe isn't doing so well either.
    Australia is, and I buy Chinese. Go figure.
    Lachlan.

You miss 100% of the shots you never take. -- Wayne Gretzky