Page 5 of 44 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Reciprocity Timer 1.0

Do or do not. There is no try.

Re: Reciprocity Timer 1.0

Thanks for the filters explanation. I only noticed that all buttons took me back, but missed the time changes. Feeling a bit dumb about that, the numbers are certainly big enough!

I am using it on an iPad. Is it hard to "upsize" the app for iPad?

Hi Jerold. Unfortunately it's basically a separate app. It would take a lot of effort to make it fill the iPad screen.
    My original design was to have something I could use out hiking in the mountains or next to the sea. Something I could fit in my pocket. I never take my iPad on those trips!

Just wondered. It works fine on my iPad.

On the larger screen I was envisioning sliders for f stop, shutter speed, then the adjustments, a field for notes, a field for exposure number, and a save feature. Ability to attach an iPad photo would be ideal. Kind of like the BTZS software disengaged from film development data, but appealing to a broader audience. I would pay a lot more for that.

Quote Originally Posted by jeroldharter View Post
    Just wondered. It works fine on my iPad.

On the larger screen I was envisioning sliders for f stop, shutter speed, then the adjustments, a field for notes, a field for exposure number, and a save feature. Ability to attach an iPad photo would be ideal. Kind of like the BTZS software disengaged from film development data, but appealing to a broader audience. I would pay a lot more for that.
    While I understand the desire for an all-in-one, things tend to get complicated and wind up with bloated dslr-like menus and sub-menus. Have you looked at Lenny Eiger's PhotoToolsPro app, which does most, if not all, of what you're describing?

There's virtue in doing a few things well, which is why the Pentax spotmeters have an advantage over the Sekonic in terms of ease of use and not needing to carry the manual with you.

Rick

Good point.

However I assume it could be designed with smart toggle to disable unwanted features and make for a simpler interface.

For someone with no Mac skills, I have a lot of ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by jeroldharter View Post
    Good point.

For someone with no Mac skills, I have a lot of ideas.

Hey, you're an Artist, not a coder

I do have another app I am working on that will do much more than this one but it's still some time away. It will come at things from a different perspective and provide many more features to support the film workflow.

But I agree I will need to be careful not to make a "sekonic" where a Pentax would do.

In any case I hope the new version meets most people's needs for the task of getting more accurate and repeatable long exposures. And thanks again for all the suggestions and comments. Tell your friends to buy it!

I firmly believe it's possible to be both an artist and a coder!

I'm not sure if it's possible, but it would be nice if the reset button would reset the filter factor so you do not have to go to the filter screen to do it. Just a thought. I think I will be using your app a lot, Thanks!
    regards
    Erik

Hi Erik. I know what you mean and I just couldn't decide between the two options. On one hand if you are going to make another exposure you may well leave the same filters in place and just bracket or something. On the other hand you might change lenses and/filters and shoot another frame.

I figured which ever way I did it it was going to not work for someone... Sorry.

If the consensus of comments is that reset should zero the filters I'll make the change in the next update.

Thanks for the input. And glad the app is working for you.