Thread: Reciprocity Timer 1.0

Re: Reciprocity Timer 1.0

"Yea would be nice to have a native for my mini I'll agree." per post 418
    Tin Can

Quote Originally Posted by Randy Moe View Post
    "Yea would be nice to have a native for my mini I'll agree." per post 418
    Oh, yes, a native app I meant.

For those that don't know, a native app is an app that was designed to run natively on the specific device you are using, vs for example the current app which will physically run on an iPad or iPad mini tablet, but is actually made for an iPhone, so the clarity of the interface is reduced (pixelated) and the size doesn't really fit the screen properly.

I hope that helps explain what I meant.

A "native" mini version is not likely. It's hard to see the user-base being big enough to cover the effort. The UI stuff is a lot of work guys.
    This isn't an app with millions of users. In fact there is only just over 500 people with the "pro" version. Of those maybe 5 would use it on a mini I'd reckon.

(edit) I've actually just gone and checked the metrics. 3% of RT users are on an iPad (all types - not just minis). So that's around 15 people.

Do or do not. There is no try.

Can you include Ilford Ortho Plus film? There's a reciprocity chart in their published data.

How about New55 Atomic-X?

Something that would be really cool, but potentially a lot of work and maybe not worth it, would be a mode where users could enter data in some kind of table mode that the app could curve-fit. That would allow people to put in whatever film they want.

Quote Originally Posted by Boinzo View Post
    Hi Roger. I know this was a while ago now, but it's not correct. You only ever need to buy the pro version once.

Stone is also incorrect in saying there is a lack of a restore purchase button.

The button is at the top of the help screen. If you press that, your previous in app purchase will be restored. It is a requirement of Apple that all apps include this button.

I know it's frustrating there hasn't been an update for sometime, but it is slowly coming. Apologies for the wait!

I have just been very very busy with my main business.

Keep the faith people! And thanks for using RT.... I appreciate the support.

Got it, thanks!

Roger

Well I strongly support an android version of the app.. Happy to beta test... I've got two versions to test it out on

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Deval View Post
    Well I strongly support an android version of the app.. Happy to beta test... I've got two versions to test it out on

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    Yes android please

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Boinzo View Post
    A "native" mini version is not likely. It's hard to see the user-base being big enough to cover the effort. The UI stuff is a lot of work guys.
    This isn't an app with millions of users. In fact there is only just over 500 people with the "pro" version. Of those maybe 5 would use it on a mini I'd reckon.

(edit) I've actually just gone and checked the metrics. 3% of RT users are on an iPad (all types - not just minis). So that's around 15 people.
    Well now that I know how to restore a purchase, you can make that 6 people.

It didn't give me the pro version on my old iPad so when I didn't install it on my new one lol. Yay! Knowledge!

But yea, that's not worth the effort at all. Thanks for all your effort! I know how low numbers but helping the community can be, if you only knew the 8x10 Velvia50 numbers I have on group buys, it's way less than you would expect for basically the whole USA, lol.

Our world is a small one, we have to support each other whenever possible.

Thank you.

A question - do many peeps actually use the "light bulb" to change the UI to black? It creates a lot of work (I have to remake the whole UI in 2 colours). So if it isn't being used I'd like to kill it off. If even a few users value it - then it stays.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Goldstein View Post
    Can you include Ilford Ortho Plus film? There's a reciprocity chart in their published data.

How about New55 Atomic-X?

Something that would be really cool, but potentially a lot of work and maybe not worth it, would be a mode where users could enter data in some kind of table mode that the app could curve-fit. That would allow people to put in whatever film they want.
    I'm happy to include any films people think are worth doing. But as always I do need some times for them. If it's possible to include a link to an official spec sheet or else quality - tested times for a the films people suggest that would make it a lot easier for me. One of the most time consuming things about managing the app is the time involved in researching and cross-checking the time data.

Perhaps we could create a thread here that is used exclusively for suggesting films for inclusion - and posts must include the required specs or times. I could start it by including a list of all the films currently included.

The Pro app already includes the ability to add custom films 2 ways. You can either enter all the data points for metered exposure times or you can add one known good reciprocity value and the app will use the Gainer method to determine a reciprocity curve. Either way you can add your own. Having said that, there might be some value in trying to calculate a curve from fewer data points.

I'm considering making the new version so that so that people can share their film data to a web service. So you could enter data - name the film - provide some info on where the times came from (personal experience, official specs etc.) - then upload. When you did that - all other RT users would get a notification. In this way other people can add films to the app - you'd get a notification that would let you know somebody added a new film - you could then review their numbers and choose to add the film to your app or ignore the data. That way we could start to develop a better sense of community around the body of knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by nbagno View Post
    Yes android please
    Yep. I'm on it ...

I didn't know of the ability for UI change to black, but I think it's valuable for night shots as it is less blinding. I will now use black mode.

I think all your ideas are good. Especially as you gather user data and compare it.

I have a saying, 'Never stop a person who is working'.